10 words that don't exist but should

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
10 WORDS THAT DON’T EXIST, BUT SHOULD

1. AQUADEXTROUS (ak wa deks’ trus) adj. Possessing the ability to turn the bathtub tap on and off with your toes.

2. CARPERPETUATION (kar’ pur pet u a shun) n. The act, when vacuuming, of running over a string or a piece of lint at least a dozen times, reaching over and picking it up, examining it, then putting it back down to give the vacuum one more chance.

3. DISCONFECT (dis kon fekt’) v. To sterilise the lolly you dropped on the floor by blowing on it, assuming this will somehow ‘remove’ all the germs.

4. ELBONICS (el bon’ iks) n. The actions of two people manoeuvring for one armrest in a movie theatre.

5. FRUST (frust) n. The small line of debris that refuses to be swept onto the dust pan and keeps backing a person across the room until she finally decides to give up and sweep it under the rug.

6. LACTOMANGULATION (lak’ to man gyu lay’ shun) n. Manhandling the "open here" spout on a milk container so badly that one has to resort to the ‘illegal’ side.

7. PEPPIER (pehp ee ay’) n. The waiter at a fancy restaurant whose sole purpose seems to be walking around asking diners if they want ground pepper.

8. PHONESIA (fo nee’ zhuh) n. The affliction of dialling a phone number and forgetting whom you were calling just as they answer.

9. PUPKUS (pup’ kus) n. The moist residue left on a window after a dog presses its nose to it.

10. TELECRASTINATION (tel e kras tin ay’ shun) n. The act of always letting the phone ring at least twice before you pick it up, even when you’re only six inches away.

1.MANSALWAYSRIGHTNOWLEAVEMEALONE !
(SOUNDS JUST LIKE IT LOOKS TO THE FEMALE RACE THEY JUST DON"T GET IT !)
KEN told me this is a "TRUE WORD" meaning Men are always right ! :-p
MAYBE THEY ALL are REALLY BLONDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohmy:

2. SCANWICH (SCAN WICH) This word means "YUMMY"
3. PILEITON (PILE-IT-ON) Means add more food DON'T YA THINK !!!!!!!!!!!
4. IGOTADUMBONE (EYE-GOT-A-DUMB-ONE) What a Woman SAYS when she doesn't want ya any more !!!!!!!!
5. IWONTHELOTTERYTHATSTINKS (I-WON-THE-LOTTERY-THAT-STINKS) When you win the lottery and then remember after TAXES,FEES,FINES,LAW SUITS,CHILD SUPPORT, BILLS and the woman next to you says " IGOTADUMBONE" You owe more than when you started !!!!!!!!! :ohmy: :huh: :wacko: :( OR YOU COULD GET "LOST" !!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. SMILES (JUST LIKE IT LOOKS) A VERY LARGE SMILE ON YOUR FACE NOW !!!!!!!!
7. DOWESTILLNEEDMAIDRITE (YOUR ON YOUR OWN HERE) A Question you ask yourself at this moment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Last edited:
corazon90 said:
10 WORDS THAT DON’T EXIST, BUT SHOULD

1. AQUADEXTROUS (ak wa deks’ trus) adj. Possessing the ability to turn the bathtub tap on and off with your toes.

2. CARPERPETUATION (kar’ pur pet u a shun) n. The act, when vacuuming, of running over a string or a piece of lint at least a dozen times, reaching over and picking it up, examining it, then putting it back down to give the vacuum one more chance.

3. DISCONFECT (dis kon fekt’) v. To sterilise the lolly you dropped on the floor by blowing on it, assuming this will somehow ‘remove’ all the germs.

4. ELBONICS (el bon’ iks) n. The actions of two people manoeuvring for one armrest in a movie theatre.

5. FRUST (frust) n. The small line of debris that refuses to be swept onto the dust pan and keeps backing a person across the room until she finally decides to give up and sweep it under the rug.

6. LACTOMANGULATION (lak’ to man gyu lay’ shun) n. Manhandling the "open here" spout on a milk container so badly that one has to resort to the ‘illegal’ side.

7. PEPPIER (pehp ee ay’) n. The waiter at a fancy restaurant whose sole purpose seems to be walking around asking diners if they want ground pepper.

8. PHONESIA (fo nee’ zhuh) n. The affliction of dialling a phone number and forgetting whom you were calling just as they answer.

9. PUPKUS (pup’ kus) n. The moist residue left on a window after a dog presses its nose to it.

10. TELECRASTINATION (tel e kras tin ay’ shun) n. The act of always letting the phone ring at least twice before you pick it up, even when you’re only six inches away.

You are great I Loved This !!!!!!!!! Thank You !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

We sure do need a Maidrite:LOL: So good to see you both here...
kadesma:)

POINT BLIMFARK: that little white dot that's left in the center of older televisions. It hangs around for about 10 minutes after the TV's turned off.

EXPRESSHOLE: the guy (or gal) who tries to sneak 12 items into the "10 Items or Less" line at the grocery store. Often follows this act by writing a check for his/her purchase.

PETROOL: the last, lingering drops to pour out of a bottle of motor oil.

PETRINKLE: jiggling, wiggling, and/or smacking the nozzle of the gasoline pump to get the very last drop of gasoline to end up in your tank, and not on the pavement at the filling station.

A few words that sound made-up, but aren't:

AGLET: those little plastic ends on shoelaces.

FILTRUM: the little indentation right above the center of your upper lip.

UVULA (pronounced "YOO-view-la"): the pink thingy hanging at the back of your throat. It sure does sound alot worse!!

LACHANOPHOBIA: the fear (I am NOT making this up) of vegetables.

--J

img_213810_0_77b88abf751efecb690e6e5d7cd8ce59.gif

LOL!!! LOVE IT!!

~ Raven ~

Massively funny :ROFLMAO: :LOL: It makes me think of DH and I, because I joke that we (he and I) have our own sort of dialect, which I call "Ingtalian". It's a hodge-podge of mostly English words, some Italian, some we've sort of made up ourselves or changed the meanings for a bit (for example if I say "nibbles" that has become our general term for a meal :mrgreen:) and words and phrases from some of our favourite TV cartoons and shows - it's really very cute :angel:

I like wahat Sylvester Stallone said in Tango and Cash....FUBAR. I use is all the time. It means *messed* up beyond all recongnition. Had to change it for little eyes :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom