10 Years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
It is so hard to believe that it has been 10 years since the worst thing and one of the best things have happened to me.

I'm thinking a lot about my mom tonight. It will be 10 years ago tomorrow morning that she went to live in Heaven. I have a lot of good memories of her, and now and then I have a dream where she and I are doing something together. Just ordinary things, like shopping or having lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant, but when I wake up I feel at peace because I got to spend time with my mom. She was the most amazing woman, and she never even knew it. I loved her, and I miss her. But I will see her again some day, and that brings me joy.

It was 10 years ago next weekend that I met James in person for the first time. For almost 9 months we had only talked via computer, phone, and letters. I was there for a couple weeks and then didn't see him again for another year, when he moved down to South Carolina.

I know that James and Mama would have loved each other.

:cool:Barbara

i remember you posting a pic of your mom many years ago, barbara.

it's a beautiful thing how god brought you james when your mom's time had ended, and he took her home.

:)

Thank you.

I'm glad you reminded me BT. Here is that picture again. This was taken February 2000, a couple months before her 60th birthday.

Attachments

• Mama.jpg
    Mama.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 173
I certainly relate to your Mom dreams. I treasure mine and feel comforted when I've spent time with Mom that way. It's been 11 years for me and I miss her every day.

"Bittersweet" is a word that comes to mind, Barbara. How grateful we are for our partners who help us carry on.

my mom and i were not the best of friends, to much alike , i think. but i do miss her. my true love is gone as well. however i have so many good memories of him that when i do dream of him, it is usually a happy dream. you are blessed, barb.

Back
Top Bottom