"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-09-2006, 07:32 AM   #1
Master Chef

10 yr anniversary present for a guy?

Ok.....I'm stumped. I haven't a clue what to get DH for our 10th anniversary today. I've put it off and put it off because I honestly don't have any idea what to get him. As far as the charts its suppose to be a diamond but he's not a jewelry kind of guy.....only his wedding ring. He has about every tool imaginable. I need some ideas if you don't mind. Figure $50.00.....as this is all I can afford since I'm now a stay at home mom.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:25 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Hhhmmm -- maybe a massage if he likes that kinda stuff. A subscription to a magazine he likes, tickets to a show or something, reservations at his favorite restaurant? Let us know what you decide - whatever it is, I'm sure it will be wonderful!

Old 05-09-2006, 09:28 AM   #3
Master Chef

Does he like fishing? hunting? What are his hobbies?
I go through these first for dh. He is a big time fishing fool. I will give him a Bass Pro Shop catalog and see what he looks at. Ask his buddies. See if he has mentioned anything. Buddies know more than we do half the time anyway. Ask someone that isn't going to mention it to him
Old 05-09-2006, 11:38 AM   #4
Sous Chef

WHOA!! TG! Now there's a woman after my own heart.

The only thing a man loves more than a Victoria's Secret catalog is Bass Pro Shops. As a matter of fact, you could get him a $50.00 gift certificate to BPS, put it in the catalog like a bookmark then wrap the catalog. though that's not too romantic. That might be more suited to a birthday.

I agree with TG on his interests too, zone in on his hobbies or any sports he likes. If he has a favorite sports star you might want to get him some awesome autographed memorbilia (like a jersey he can frame) or something like that.

The best gift though is a good meal and a ** ahem ** "romantic" evening.

~ Raven ~

A great nation is not built in a lifetime, but in the lifetimes of many. - Support our troops.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:54 AM   #5
Master Chef

You guys are so easy to buy for. That is one advantage that we have over you. I love buying him the stuff that I know he will use daily or at least, almost daily.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:12 PM   #6
Master Chef

DH isn't into hunting or fishing. If he's not at work he's working on this house or on computers......thats his hobby and its what he's returned to school for to get out of the factory work. He has all the fancy gadgets that come with computers and personally I cringe at the thought of buying anything remotely connected to a computer .

BIL came by today and tilled my garden and I guess DH mentioned a certain nail gun he's interested in. I won't be able to buy it but I can buy him a gift cert to go towards it at least. I'm going to give his truck a good cleaning too......its a mess. I think he'll be very happy.

I do plan on making us a nice dinner.........not romantic as children will be present . And with us both just getting over a virus right now I think a special evening will have to be on hold till this weekend . He's suppose to take me to a nice italian resturant I've been wanting to go to.

Thanks everyone.......I was getting pretty desperate.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:23 PM   #7
Sous Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to vyapti
Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN
I'm going to give his truck a good cleaning too......its a mess. I think he'll be very happy.
My wife hates getting gifts for me. My hobbies are not expensive and if I want something (which is rare), I usually go out and buy it. I really like your idea of cleaning out his truck. I know that I'd really appreciate something along those lines.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:37 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Aww... it is a pity the DAY is today!! If you still had at least a week or so, I would have suggested making a virtual album reflecting your 10 years on something like powerpoint or flash, (with lots of special effects, personal messages and quotes, music etc...) it would be something unique, special and doesn't cost you!! But that would take some planning, brainstorming and of course time... let me think more... or do you know a real whiz who can whip up something like this in a snap if you have the material on hand??
Old 05-09-2006, 12:50 PM   #9
Master Chef

Unfort. not Urman! But thats an amazing idea......I keep that in mind for future gift ideas.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:07 PM   #10
Everymom

What are his hobbies? Maybe something to do with that? I got Ken a video editing thing for the computer.

The nail gun might be just the thing...maybe you could etch a diamond onto the handle? J/K.

Guys are hard to buy for.