11 Worst Foods 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Problem with many bacon cheeseburgers is that they are made with a cheese sauce that does not contain that much cheese. Wouldn't be surprized if there are some around that don't use real bacon.

And there are people who eat bacon that is not bacon, yet they call it bacon, even though it comes from a big bird. I'm sure they are eating healthy.:rolleyes:

All things in moderation, kids, that's the name of the game. If you can't treat yourself to some decadence once in awhile you might as well cash it in. Life is too short to be constantly denying yourself, or worse yet, telling others that they should deny themselves. Remember, this is the era of personal responsibility, not protecting people from themselves. I'd like to see the weekly diet of the person who put that list together. My guess is that it would turn out to be a case of the pot calling the kettle black. :LOL:

And there are people who eat bacon that is not bacon, yet they call it bacon, even though it comes from a big bird. I'm sure they are eating healthy.:rolleyes:

Now, now - let's not start rolling eyes & dissing turkey bacon. That's simply the product of a very closed mind. My husband hasn't been able to digest pork products since he was a small child, & the vast number of turkey products now available - bacon, ham, salami, unbelievably wonderful gourmet sausages, ground meat, smoked parts, etc., etc., enable me to make a vast number of dishes that are extremely close to the originals that contained pork, & are safe for him & DEFINITELY healthier for everyone else as well.

When you look at the nutrition information, it does kind of make you think!

I stopped eating fast food of any kind years ago, but I am stunned by the calories and fat!! Yikes!

I couldn't care less about the food. I'm sad about Starbucks!! LOL
I've never had the hot chocolate, but, the white chocolate mocha frappuccino is 550 calories!!

We had more than our fair share of the eggnog shakes (without whipped cream), but I will definitely reconsider next December when they come out again!

The number of calories and fat was awful, but the amount of sodium floored me as well.

:huh:Barbara

Although I can't remember the last time I ate anything at a fast food
franchise, I am always shocked and disheartened with our cultures
willingness to consume this food instead of shopping and preparing
nutritious and delicious foods at home. Just another aspect of our
'do it fast', multi-task culture.

I just finished a nutrition course for work. Very intensive on line course that really gives you some wonderful information. Lots of emphasis on the MyPyramid guide and specifics on how the body is affected by over indulgence, etc.

Reading the numbers on that list is frightening. Knowing that so many americans are eating that stuff every day is even more so. I'm the first to jones for something that is harmful. I'm a product of the 70s, and fast food was always a treat, not the norm; so it's always been associated with a good time. But, it's off the option list now, it's just too hard to rationalize eating that way. Some of those items had more than an entire day's worth of fat, sodium, protein, carbs and calories.

I really don't think most americans know or understand what MyPyramid suggests. http://mypyramid.gov/ It's worth looking at and even more worthwhile to actually strive to follow it.

Okay, off the soapbox now...:chef:

It reminds me of the documentary where the guy decided to live on the big M for a month to see the effect. If I remember correctly, he was pulled by his doctors before he completed the month.

His liver was literally becoming foie gras. It was turning to fat.

Reminds me of an article a few years back. Used to be that the absolute worst thing for you on the Taco Bell menu was the Taco SALAD!!! :-p

my university used to have a taco salad on the menu (worst food service imaginable) one time i asked for a less burned shell/bowl... the cafateria lady looked at me with wonder and asked... "you eat that?" with a chuckle from the staff..."well not anymore I don't"

Back
Top Bottom