"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-10-2008, 04:23 PM   #11
Hospitality Queen

We did the 12 days of Christmas for the kids when they were younger - I think we stopped a few years back, when they started getting fewer (but bigger) gifts.

A common thing was ornaments, since they've each always had their own trees in their rooms. My older boy always got whichever NFL player Hallmark put out, and also anything with nutcrackers. My younger boy always got Noah's ark and/or animal ornaments.

Do you have a Cost Plus World Market by you, NA? They always have wonderful little inexpensive, yet eclectic goodies.

Something from that store might be one of their tiny sized jars of honey, a box of tahitian vanilla tea and a pretty little teacup, all wrapped up inside a pretty plaid cloth napkin.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkath View Post
We did the 12 days of Christmas for the kids when they were younger - I think we stopped a few years back, when they started getting fewer (but bigger) gifts.

A common thing was ornaments, since they've each always had their own trees in their rooms. My older boy always got whichever NFL player Hallmark put out, and also anything with nutcrackers. My younger boy always got Noah's ark and/or animal ornaments.

Do you have a Cost Plus World Market by you, NA? They always have wonderful little inexpensive, yet eclectic goodies.

Something from that store might be one of their tiny sized jars of honey, a box of tahitian vanilla tea and a pretty little teacup, all wrapped up inside a pretty plaid cloth napkin.

We dont have a Cost Plus but that post gives me an idea. We have a great little shopping area here that has a lot of little stores with small things like that.

Thanks for the idea jkath!

Old 12-10-2008, 05:45 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAchef View Post
We dont have a Cost Plus but that post gives me an idea. We have a great little shopping area here that has a lot of little stores with small things like that.

Thanks for the idea jkath!
what an interesting place, i would like to shop there. you never know.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:45 PM   #14
Sous Chef

Thought I would update, it is day 5 today.

We both have made little tags (about3"x5") with little sayings about the gift.

Day 1 - I got a message in a bottle that said how much she cared and a little poem.
I got her a mistletoe that said 1 more reason to give you a kiss.

Day 2 - I got a pair of gloves and I gave her a heart shaped package of panties. haha

Day 3 - I got a note from each of my 3 kids(this was awesome) I got her a wood frame labeled "Live Laugh Love" for our 3 years of marriage

Day 4 - I got 4 big chocolate Hershey kisses and I gave her 4 candy jewlery

Day 5 - I got a $5 GC to a local camera store I got her 5 hidden love notes (she wont get all of them until the end of the day)
Old 12-18-2008, 12:22 AM   #15
Sous Chef

Well, she has received all my clues (her smile, eyes, laugh, touch and herself)

I wrote small letters as to what I loved about her. It was a big hit and i think I am going to do something similar throughout the year.

I put a lot of thought into that one and was so excited I didnt get to sleep until 2am.

I still have no set ideas for day 9 & 11 so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated!!