12 days of Christmas (gifts)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NAchef

Sous Chef
Well we decided to try something new this year (wife decided, I had no choice) We are getting each other small things with a "12 Days of Christmas" theme (kinda) It does not have to have anything to do with a pear tree or birds, just something fun and that deals with that person.

Anyway, has anyone else done this? What kind of things did you do?

I am almost done but I need a couple more days to complete this.

Thanks & Happy Holidays!

I love the idea!

What have you got so far... did you go with a theme or are the items unrelated?

I cant really say what I have gotten so far because she sometimes posts on here uner this name.

The gifts are not expensive but has some meaning. I am not sure the gifts are that great so I am hoping to win her over by presentation and what goes along with it.

haha Sorry I cant tell you, I will try to update when each day comes.

Can't wait to hear! I'm sure she'll love each and everyone because they came from you and you LOVE her!!

I did find this and thought I would change the wording, write something personal, and print them out to go along with the gifts.

I too like this idea. I already am done shopping for this year so I may try to impliment this next year if we all are in favor of it. Thanks and good luck with this. :)

This is something similar. The gifts do not have to be expensive or cost money at all, just as long as you spend time and show the other person how you are feeling.

Still need a few days so any help would be great!!!

well, if I were in your family and had to come up with a gift it would be a really nice long lasting scented candle...........both sexes love these....we're playing a game this year, as suggested by my sister-in law,too.......and I'm really looking forward to it.....but I'll share this on another thread once I figure out how to post it.......see, you can be here for a long time and still be a Jethro Bodine............

OMG, I wouldn't care what the gifts were, just the fact that you're doing this!! That is the most awesome thing!! You are great for doing this NAchef!! I wish I could give you a million karma points, but, it won't let me!!

Go by what she collects.
Little spun glass things are pretty
cd by her favorite singer
movies

We did the 12 days of Christmas for the kids when they were younger - I think we stopped a few years back, when they started getting fewer (but bigger) gifts.

A common thing was ornaments, since they've each always had their own trees in their rooms. My older boy always got whichever NFL player Hallmark put out, and also anything with nutcrackers. My younger boy always got Noah's ark and/or animal ornaments.

Do you have a Cost Plus World Market by you, NA? They always have wonderful little inexpensive, yet eclectic goodies.

Something from that store might be one of their tiny sized jars of honey, a box of tahitian vanilla tea and a pretty little teacup, all wrapped up inside a pretty plaid cloth napkin.

We did the 12 days of Christmas for the kids when they were younger - I think we stopped a few years back, when they started getting fewer (but bigger) gifts.

A common thing was ornaments, since they've each always had their own trees in their rooms. My older boy always got whichever NFL player Hallmark put out, and also anything with nutcrackers. My younger boy always got Noah's ark and/or animal ornaments.

Do you have a Cost Plus World Market by you, NA? They always have wonderful little inexpensive, yet eclectic goodies.

Something from that store might be one of their tiny sized jars of honey, a box of tahitian vanilla tea and a pretty little teacup, all wrapped up inside a pretty plaid cloth napkin.

We dont have a Cost Plus but that post gives me an idea. We have a great little shopping area here that has a lot of little stores with small things like that.

Thanks for the idea jkath!

Thought I would update, it is day 5 today.

We both have made little tags (about3"x5") with little sayings about the gift.

Day 1 - I got a message in a bottle that said how much she cared and a little poem.
I got her a mistletoe that said 1 more reason to give you a kiss.

Day 2 - I got a pair of gloves and I gave her a heart shaped package of panties. haha

Day 3 - I got a note from each of my 3 kids(this was awesome) I got her a wood frame labeled "Live Laugh Love" for our 3 years of marriage

Day 4 - I got 4 big chocolate Hershey kisses and I gave her 4 candy jewlery

Day 5 - I got a $5 GC to a local camera store I got her 5 hidden love notes (she wont get all of them until the end of the day)

Well, she has received all my clues (her smile, eyes, laugh, touch and herself)

I wrote small letters as to what I loved about her. It was a big hit and i think I am going to do something similar throughout the year.

I put a lot of thought into that one and was so excited I didnt get to sleep until 2am.

I still have no set ideas for day 9 & 11 so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated!!

Back
Top Bottom