13 days until HEART DAY!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
:heart:Do any of you have special plans or ideas for the day??

Paul and I are going to dinner on the 12th. We always celebrate
a few days before or after the 14th.

http://www.ristorantetropea.com/

It's just a little hole in the wall place but the owner is pure Italian
and Paul says it has WONDERFUL food. He was there for a lunch meeting a while back. The menu looks pretty good.

On the 14th I'll make us a nice dinner here at home.
I haven't decided what to make for sure. But... it'll be nice
and romantic.:heart:

I think that is such a great idea to celebrate it a few days early or late. V day gets insane with every restaurant being booked weeks in advance and charging an arm and a leg. We might end up doing the same thing this year. There is a great little Italian place close to our house. It is my wifes favorite restaurant, but we can only go on special occasions because of the price (even though it is worth every penny). It is a very small place with only about 10 small tables or so, so there is no way we will be able to get in on the 14th.

Oh yeah, that day. I think I'll just stick with it being a Tuesday...

John

GB that sounds like a good plan. Celebrating a few days early makes it seem more special too since there are not 1,000 other people celebrating at the same time.

John... that sounds sad.

We were supposed to have a tea party for an elderly lady, but she has a doctor's appointment that day, so we've had to reschedule. I suppose we can plan something else now.

We don't really celebrate Valentines Day, but Col decided he wanted to get me a gift, and had kinda decided on a magazine subscription (ah the romance) So on Friday I sent him a link to a jewellery site with a red glass pendant (not too expensive) on it. He kinda emailed me back saying "is that a hint?" Sigh! Subtlety doesn't work, and neither does the sledgehammer hint!!!

I'll keep you posted!!!

We haven't really made any plans yet, but I'm sure we will go out for a nice dinner. *hint* Since James is also a member here, I can't tell you if I have anything special planned! lol Actually I don't yet, but I'm on the lookout. Last year it was hard to find a place to go for dinner. James didn't feel well enough to drive all the way to Monroe (about 20 miles--we drive up there just to go to Taco Bell, but his back was hurting that night), so we decided to go to one of the local restaurants. For some idiotic reason, almost all the restaurants in this town close every Monday night. You'd think they would make an exception on Valentine's Day, but they didn't. The Mexican restaurant (which was still pretty good at that time--they've gone way down hill since then) was open, so we went there.

:) Barbara

Sadly, I will be out of town for a training class on v day, so we will celebrate that weekend! I am hoping I will be treated to one of the Indian restaurants downtown, followed by a coffee and a stroll! No kids, just us! That's what I am hoping for! Maybe I could give you guys my hubby's work number and you can give him some guidance!!!LOL

I hope it all works out for you Jenny. The coffee and stroll sound delightful

Back
Top Bottom