134 lb burger!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ask-A-Butcher

Senior Cook
Really hungry? How about 134-pound burger
Michigan eatery will serve it on 50-pound bun — with 24 hours' notice

SOUTHGATE, Mich. - A Detroit-area restaurant owner believes he has broken the world record for "largest hamburger commercially available."

After 12 hours of preparation and baking, the 134-pound burger emerged Saturday at Mallie's Sports Bar and Grill.

The "Absolutely Ridiculous Burger," made with beef, bacon and cheese, was delivered on a 50-pound bun, The Detroit News and the Detroit Free Press reported. It sells for $350, and orders require 24 hours' notice.
Big Burger!

Gimme a side of wings with that, too!!! :clap:

Last edited:
Yeah, but that's 134 pounds before cooking...

I don't know if I could eat such a burger. It would feel like someone decapitated Mayor McCheese.

Yeah, but that's 134 pounds before cooking...

I don't know if I could eat such a burger. It would feel like someone decapitated Mayor McCheese.

I can see it now, "The Assassination of Mayor McCheese" staring the 134lb hamburger as Mayor McCheese, and the entire 4th grade class as the assassins...

The second thing for Michiganders to feel proud about these days (Major Kwame Kilpatrick is the other one) LOL

I saw that on TV and it looked pretty gross, if you ask me ....:sick:

I'm with you Jenny.

How many of those 12 cooking hours did it take to get that burger to an internal 165 degrees?

How many hands did it take to patty that baby into shape? Were they all clean hands?

How long after cooking did it take for the last person to eat from it?

Pass!

I can see the Headlines Now "Senate Uproar, Arnie moonlights at Burger King!"

oh yeah, and for those that Refuse to take the Augmentin we call the burger "The Terminator" :cool:

Last edited:
I'm with you Jenny.

How many of those 12 cooking hours did it take to get that burger to an internal 165 degrees?

How many hands did it take to patty that baby into shape? Were they all clean hands?

How long after cooking did it take for the last person to eat from it?

Pass!

If the internal temperature is 165 I think the outside is crappy tasting.

Would you like fries with that?
potatofullir6.jpg

To me this all seems little more than getting some free publicity.

Am not, have never been, and at my age will never be a professional chef.

And know little about cost of food, well, the stuff served in restaurants anyway.

But I don't understand how anyone could make any worthwhile cash with a 134 lb burger on a fifty lb. roll for $350. And one must add in the cost of the cheese and bacon.

Of course one also has to pay for all those hands to make the beast.

I have nothing against publicity stunts. And the place might be happy to make one or two just to get the media exposure.

But basically no one is going to go for it. Unless it is a local company doing it to put on an interesting party for their employees.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom