"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-01-2007, 02:32 PM   #1
Sous Chef

2 weeks and 2 days ....

...until my son's wedding. Everything is pretty much under control except for emotions which is to be expected.
Alot has happened since I last posted and not too much is wedding related.This year had been a bad year for twins.First in March our friends lost their daughter to premature birth and I'm happy to report their son is thriving beautifully. Next- our niece in Florida was induced at 30 weeks(May 9 -she knew she was having twin boys) Starving Twin Syndrome was discovered and Jimmy was born at 1lb 6oz and Jace was born at 3lb 6oz. Both were doing well other than the normal preemie complications.Jace was sent home the end of June but, little Jimmy contacted bacterial meningitis and couldn't overcome it. He passed away two weeks ago.
We celebrated Kiersten (my daughter) maintaining her contract weight for a year on July 20th.
Though I am looking forward to my son's wedding,I am really missing my oldest son. I live through the what if's and how comes and it breaks my heart into a million pieces that there will never be a wedding for him and that he won't be physcially here for his brother's.The day before the wedding I am going to the place a boutinere on my son's grave and I will also be going to another cemetary to place a boutinere on the bride's brother's grave.I have to do this. I have to feel as if in some small physical way they are a piece of the wedding.Gosh it hurts even typing abot it now but, what it is, it is.
I miss you all.Love and energy, Vicki

Old 08-01-2007, 02:43 PM   #2
Executive Chef

oh Vicki.......... I attended a wedding under similar circumstances, only it was a daughter/sister. The family chose to have a white rose placed in an open Bible on the alter behind the minister. No mention was made of it, but everyone knew what it symbolized. I hope everything goes off beautifully!!

Old 08-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Beth, that's a lovely idea. Vicki, perhaps you could have a pair of carnations placed in a similar manner at your son's wedding to symbolize his brother and his bride's brother. That way, they could be there...together. And, as beth said, nothing needs to be said. Everyone will understand.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:21 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Vicki,
The wedding will be perfect and in fact, both brothers wil be there, with big smiles, tears and much love for the happy couple, parents, and guests. I'm a believer and each time I see a hummingbird hovering around the flowers in my yard or the feeder, I know, my dad is close by wathing over me..Beth and Katie, have those feelings too and the idea they shared is so wonderful. We miss you as well right now and will continue to miss you til you can be with us more. Til, then, know I'm praying that this beautiful wedding will be a moment in time to remember and treasure forever.
kadesma