2007 Resolutions!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GB said:
Amber, this is the first time I have ever needed to lose weight so it is very new to me. For the majority of my life I had been trying to gain weight as I was way too skinny.

My plan is to go on a diet (don't know what kind. I will let my wife pick as we are both doing it) and get into a normal exercise routine at the same time. I plan on trying to cut down on portions as well as finding healthier alternatives to some of the things I make. The diet is to lose the initial weight and the exercise and portion control as well as eating healthier is to keep it off and re-start healthier habits that I can share with my wife and daughter.

Thats a great plan GB. A healthy weight loss is about 2 pounds per week I think. Even simple things like cutting out soda will help, changing from deep fried foods to sauteed foods in a bit of oil is good. Together you and your wife will find a plan that works for you both, as well as your daughter. My husband and I have started exercising as well, so we do weights, I do some cardio stuff, and we walk together with our dog. Dont cut out all the foods you love, just treat yourselves now and then. Best of luck to you guys.

I think mine are a little on the, "it's all about me" side, but here goes:

* I am resolved to make 6 figures (just a wee shy this year)
* I plan to Travel the most I ever have. I have a trip planned so far to Fl in March, wanting to go to Tx in April (both business trips), and Ireland in May or August (I have put this off for too long with my children).
* Honestly, as exhausting as Christmas is for me emotionally, I am dreaming of taking an inexpensive cruise this time next year.

On a lighter less hedenistic note, I have renewed conviction to get my son through college with all my might, prayer, and wisdom.

Last edited:
amber said:
Thats a great plan GB. A healthy weight loss is about 2 pounds per week I think. Even simple things like cutting out soda will help, changing from deep fried foods to sauteed foods in a bit of oil is good. Together you and your wife will find a plan that works for you both, as well as your daughter. My husband and I have started exercising as well, so we do weights, I do some cardio stuff, and we walk together with our dog. Dont cut out all the foods you love, just treat yourselves now and then. Best of luck to you guys.

I think you guys on on the right track... don't even call it a diet... the body just tends to act differently when you incorporate the words DIET in to your eating language. The TWO things that have always worked for me, no matter what the food is, is portions. And lastly, exercise. You can still eat what you want... just try to eat less of it. And, don't eat until you feel miserable, stop eating even tho you still may be a little hungy. OHHHH, here is a big tip... avoid sweets at work!! Don't eat the donuts, cookies, cakes folks bring into work. See, at my work, folks are always brining in something, and if I ate it everytime it was offered to me, I would be in trouble. I only eat what I have at home and that is very limited.

Sorry, I am getting off the soap box now......

Cooking wise, I am going to try to utilize recipes from as many of my cookbooks as possible - I have books where I've never made a single recipe!

My resolution is to be kinder, less b*tchy, and less snippy with everyone (esp. my boyfriend). If I get mad or in a bad mood I let it get to me too much. It stays with me for days and I can't let it go and it affects those around me. I need to be more relaxed with that, if I'm in a bad mood or if someone gets me mad I will stop, breathe and move on. I really need to stick with this!!

Jules582 said:
My resolution is to be kinder, less b*tchy, and less snippy with everyone (esp. my boyfriend). If I get mad or in a bad mood I let it get to me too much. It stays with me for days and I can't let it go and it affects those around me. I need to be more relaxed with that, if I'm in a bad mood or if someone gets me mad I will stop, breathe and move on. I really need to stick with this!!

Make sure your boyfriend is aware of this resolution...he will be so mouch help and it will make keeping this resolution a little easier with some support. Best of luck to you:)

GB...you have great advice. I too have had to lose some weight before and it was all about portions and exercise. I cut down ALOT on the obvious fatty, fried and sweet foods but other wise I didn't do anything else. Best of luck to you and you will have to let us know how you are doing.;)

I am with GB - I need to lose 20 lbs.

My resolutions for this year:

make healthy food choices
eat smaller portions
exercise every day
attend yoga twice a week
keep a running list of all the books I read in 2007
be kinder to my husband

Also, I need to organize and get rid of alot of my junk because we are probably going to be relocated to Austin TX in March. I have a basement full of stuff to get rid of.

Mrs. Cuillo said:
Make sure your boyfriend is aware of this resolution...he will be so mouch help and it will make keeping this resolution a little easier with some support. Best of luck to you:)

Oh I told him already, I wanted to make it known so he can keep me on track! Thanks :)

Resolutions. Never make them. Never have. My philosophy is that if I don't live the 364 days previously any better than the one I profess to change, then I need to work on my behavior. I try to live each day in a manner that I would be proud of at the beginning of each new year. I learned a long time ago - for me - that whenever I "resolved" to make a change, be it small or large, I would sometimes miss the goal and beat myself up for not achieving it. That in itself was self defeating and made me feel bad. As I've gotten older, I've learned that all I need to do is to be the best I can be.

Yes, I understand that I should lose some weight - who doesn't - and I should be more active. The media tells us those two things all the time. I don't need someone else to tell me these things. I know enough about myself to realize that when I'm good and ready to push myself away from the table and push myself onto the exercise mat, I'll do it. It's a matter of time for me. I will say, however, I'm getting better at this and am taking baby steps, which is positive.

Except for the "I will lose weight and I will exercise more," I'm very pleased with how my life is going. The only thing I choose to do is to do more for my fellow man. I always do a charitable project as a Christmas present to myself. This year I knitted 50 newborn hats for a Save the Children project. Now, I'm looking for a project for 2007. This always gives me great satisfaction and it makes me feel as though I'm giving back. Sometimes I feel as though I'm a bump on a log in this life and my projects make me feel better.

Okay, off my soap box. Just my feelings on resolutions. "Happy New Year" to every one at DC.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom