"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #21
Head Chef

Awwww, trish! Sounds like a crummy beginning to the year!

But, as someone else said, I hope you've gotten all the bad things out of the way and that the rest of the year is superior for you!

Feel better!

Lee

Old 01-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #22
Head Chef

Trish - this is just AWFUL. Take the pain meds and relax as much as you can. I hope Paul waits on you while you are healing up!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:20 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Trish,
I know how you're hurting I had that happen to me only the woman got my car with a big dodge ram...Fun HUH? Yes you should be resting, taking warm baths or a heating pad and your meds..But I for one don't think company is what you need and over night at that..I admire you for attempting it..But, don't be brave, if it gets to much excuse yourself and go lie down..And yes tomorrow is going to be awful, so on that note, know I'll be thinking of you and wishing away some of the discomfort. Please take it easy and get better. As to you driver, may she be more careful in future and may she also pay for this.
cj
Old 01-07-2009, 08:24 PM   #24
Master Chef

Yikes! It seems it is getting more and more dangerous to be around people in large SUV's these days especially in parking lots! I once suggested to a grocery store manager that they might start including 'crossing guards' just to ensure their patrons could make it into the store safely!
Anyway, take your pain meds and relax thankfully you were able to go home and not have to stay in the hospital. Just be careful sometimes problems don't present themselves until much later so if they find this woman and legal action comes out of it don't sign anything until you are sure all is OK with your health!
Old 01-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Just give me that old lady's address...I know a couple of wiseguys, if ya know what I mean...
Old 01-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #26
Head Chef

^Smooch! I use to have a friend like that! Very protective with a strong justice streak.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
lolololol! Vera...laughter is the best medicine! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #28
Sous Chef

Wishing you the best life can give. Hugs to you, I hope everything works out for you.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #29
Certified Cake Maniac

Trish, no wonder you haven't been around much. I am so sorry to hear this! I hope your insurance can track her down and make her pay. That is horrid. And I am totally sympathetic on the flooding, we are still working on the first one and worried that the backwash is going to come in from all the snow.

I am glad you have Paul, and hopefully your company is the type that will understand if you aren't waiting on them hand and foot.

Take good care of yourself my dear friend.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:55 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
THANK YOU all!!!!

I'm fine...just sore and upset that she thought it was ok to leave...what was she thinking?

I mean... If I had hit someone like that I would have been out of the car in a flash, checking on her and saying I'm sorry...and helping and and and and... I just felt like she didn't care...