2009 Resolutions -i.e. the Year I'm Gonna Get Healthy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toots

Head Chef
After gorging myself on fattening foods and sweets for the past month, I'm looking forward to 2009 and I'm going to make some new year's resolutions right now.

Going to eat more fruits and vegtables daily
work out/walk at least 30 minutes every day
avoid high fructose corn syrups
try a new type of food or grain at least once a month
eat breakfast every day
live within my means (try not to go into debt for anything)
not go to bed angry
appreciate what I've got

What are some of your 2009 goals?

I'm going to be happy and not have so many grumpy days.
I'm going to say thank you and I love you more often.
I'm going to be nicer....in my mind, I think some mean thoughts.

Get closer to opening my own place. I need to decide what it is I want...either a B&B, or the single table/specialty shoppe idea. Then, get with the financials and make progress.

:) I'm going to give my best shot again at quitting smoking succeded a few years ago but must now try again. I already told DH to not bug me for at least three weeks or I may rip his throat out:) He nags me all the the time for smoking but I have not quit just cause he wants me to it has to be my choice. He has no idea how hard it is to get not addicted the nicotine.

This might sound selfish, but I am going to make 2009 a "Me" year. I have spent all my life doing and doing for others and putting myself and feelings behind and this year I am going to put myself first.
Eat healthier.
Be more thankful for what I have.
Tell my DH "I Love You" everyday.

I have so many things to work on, including getting both myself and my house in shape, but rather than overwhelming myself with everything that needs to be done (and then not getting anything done at all), my resolution is to take baby steps toward what needs to be done, in the hopes that someday I will be able to move up to giant steps, and then running leaps. Baby steps is where I need to start though.

:)Barbara

I have so many things to work on, including getting both myself and my house in shape, but rather than overwhelming myself with everything that needs to be done (and then not getting anything done at all), my resolution is to take baby steps toward what needs to be done, in the hopes that someday I will be able to move up to giant steps, and then running leaps. Baby steps is where I need to start though.

:)Barbara

That is exactly what I need to do. I need to be kinder and gentler to me and take better care of me and finish the house rehab job that my parents started before my father passed away. My house is half done and I have been dragging my feet because it is such an overwhelming task. Maybe if I take baby steps, slowly over time, I will get it done and feel better.

A co-worker and I have made a resolution to lose 20 pounds by April. I'm going to watch my eating and do exercise in the mornings before work. I will be so happy when I can get into all the clothes I have in my closet.

:) I'm going to give my best shot again at quitting smoking succeded a few years ago but must now try again. I already told DH to not bug me for at least three weeks or I may rip his throat out:) He nags me all the the time for smoking but I have not quit just cause he wants me to it has to be my choice. He has no idea how hard it is to get not addicted the nicotine.

I feel your pain! The wife does the same thing to me! And they actually think somehow they are helping!!:bash:

I made it almost all the way thru the patch steps, then backslid.....Ugggggggggggg!:censored:

Now I have to start all over again from scratch!:glare:

And I could really really really use a cigarette right about now!:w00t2:

:):)
I feel your pain! The wife does the same thing to me! And they actually think somehow they are helping!!:bash:

I made it almost all the way thru the patch steps, then backslid.....Ugggggggggggg!:censored:

Now I have to start all over again from scratch!:glare:

And I could really really really use a cigarette right about now!:w00t2:
:) Yep. it's time I love smoking but I know I have to quit the cost alone should be helpful in quitting.

Don't tell anyone, I am going to become a Rock and Roll Star this year and have groupies fall at my feet:cool:

I am going to just live day to day instead of worrying about what could happen and what the result would be. Stress and depression is not my friend. I will lose the weight that I need to get off the meds forever and stay healthy. If I can quit smoking and be smoke free for almost a year {Jan 31} I can lose the weight. The eating isn't doing it anymore, {I'm eating less than 1,200 calories a day}the sedentary life is!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom