"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2017, 01:23 PM   #11
Head Chef

My husband gave me my favourite movie and my daughter gave me a tea cup, I am happy.
Another friend sent my Kitchen Aid to be mended and it is now enjoying life in my kitchen.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:52 PM   #12
Master Chef

Wow...Kay and SC...that looks like a fabulous event! Hoping to hear your thoughts about it once you've attended and (hopefully) have some pics.

I grew up with horses and have fallen off more times than I can count - back when I was a young 'un and 10 feet tall and bullet proof. Jumping, saddle breaking, barrel race training...scary now to look back at all the chances I took.

I got a few nice little warm comfies - a nice big no-sew blanket, slippers, candles, a gift card for Home Depot , and there's still a late Christmas to celebrate with my older daughter and her family who live out of town. It was a wonderful Christmas, as always.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:14 PM   #13
Master Chef

GF and I upgraded to this Kitchen Aid mixer..we gave our other one to one of my daughters..
Attached Images

Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 07:50 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
GF and I upgraded to this Kitchen Aid mixer..we gave our other one to one of my daughters..
My EW and I had that model when we were married. I gave it to her in the divorce. I kinda' miss that mixer.

CD
“It was curious to think that the sky was the same for everybody, in Eurasia or Eastasia as well as here -- people ignorant of one another’s existence, held apart by walls of hatred and lies, and yet almost exactly the same.” -- George Orwell, 1984
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:34 PM   #15
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

The most meaningful present I got for Christmas was my Grand Mother's pearls - necklaces, pins, earrings and rings. Everything else was covered with Minions, oh and a big tin rooster for the yard.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:01 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
The most meaningful present I got for Christmas was my Grand Mother's pearls - necklaces, pins, earrings and rings. Everything else was covered with Minions, oh and a big tin rooster for the yard.
Funny story...

A couple years back, my mom gave me her father's pocket watch. The dial and case were that of a very expensive and prestigious watchmaker of the era. It wasn't running, so I took it to a friend who is a high-end jeweler with an in-house watchmaker to have it repaired. I found out that the guts of the watch were from a cheap pocket watch. It was the antique version of today's fake Rolex.

I still have it, but I'm not spending any money on it.

CD
“It was curious to think that the sky was the same for everybody, in Eurasia or Eastasia as well as here -- people ignorant of one another’s existence, held apart by walls of hatred and lies, and yet almost exactly the same.” -- George Orwell, 1984
Old 12-29-2017, 11:05 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
Funny story...

A couple years back, my mom gave me her father's pocket watch. The dial and case were that of a very expensive and prestigious watchmaker of the era. It wasn't running, so I took it to a friend who is a high-end jeweler with an in-house watchmaker to have it repaired. I found out that the guts of the watch were from a cheap pocket watch. It was the antique version of today's fake Rolex.

I still have it, but I'm not spending any money on it.

CD
Please tell me you didn't tell your Mom.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:21 AM   #18
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Please tell me you didn't tell your Mom.
Okay, I didn't tell my mom.

CD
Old 12-30-2017, 05:45 AM   #19
Executive Chef

Craig got us the black truffle and a couple of jars of osetra caviar. We're going today to The Cheese Course to pick up a few things for a charcuterie board that we'll have with the caviar tomorrow evening, along with a flower bottle of Perier Jouet that we've had for a few years, hope it is still okay. Didn't really mean to keep it around this long, just kind of happened. I'm also assuming he gave me a virus, since he wasn't feeling too well for a few days before I got sick, that has just absolutely knocked me on my behind. At least I was able to brush my teeth and do a little bit last couple of days without feeling like I was going to keel over.
medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:34 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

My Dad got me something I was missing re my Scandinavian cooking stuff-a waffle iron to make heart-shaped waffles. I guess he wants me to make some Norwegian waffles. He sure enjoyed the Goran.

Tags
christmas, gifts