"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2017, 01:42 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

2017 Christmas gifts

Christmas gifts

I LOVE my new Braun! I got the basic model plus the masher attachment. I don't use a regular food processor often so I didn't get it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Braun_MQ7_1.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	28776

Name:	Braun_MQ7_2.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	28777

Name:	Braun_MQ7_3.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	28778

Masher attachment. Made mashed tatters in seconds.

Name:	braun_masher.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	28779

Mini Fat Dadio 6"X3" pedestal springform pan. I love my large version because it doesn't leak due to the raised pedestal design. I will be using this in my Instant Pot. Obviously for cheesecake BUT also lasagna (maybe tonight) and taco pie plus others I'm sure.

Name:	6_inch_mini_cheesecake_pan.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	28780

Mini silicone oven mits. Will make removing pans etc. from my Instant Pot but it will be great for removing hot stuff from the microwave oven, regular oven or toaster oven also.

Name:	IP_mini_mits.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	28781

I also got 2 DVD's - both Cary Grant movies. Father Goose and Operation Petticoat.

msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 02:06 PM   #2
Executive Chef

msmofet, I love my hand blender, I use it 10 x more often than my blender, at least once a week if not more.

I bought DH a waffle maker, for me to make him waffles (as I'm not a fan). He is quite pleased with it! I've made waffles, brownie waffles, and a pressed salami cheese sandwich in it so far. I also got him a new leather bottomed back pack for his hunting trips.

Dh bought me the movie 'The Shack' and we watched it twice already, such a good movie. Wool socks, some darning supplies. Sleeping pjs, new housecoat, I'm quite the fashionable gal.

We splurge over the holidays with foods we wouldn't cook any other time of year, shrimp in the midwest!!?, candied fruit for the stollen, a dry german wine for the fondue, artichoke hearts, special crackers for all the cheese and meat and dips. We eat like kings from Christmas to New Years.

blissful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 02:50 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

SousChef and I rarely exchange Christmas gifts, except for mushy cards. We both have everything we need or want, and a mushy card suits us just fine. My kids know how hard we are to buy for, and we'd much rather they spend their money on each other but this year they gave us tickets to a spectacular production we're really excited about attending in a couple of weeks. The big white traveling tent has been the talk of the local area and here's a link I hope you all look at.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:11 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Wow, that looks spectacular KL and SC.
If you let the vid continue, there is a pretty good interview that follows.
I had to look, the closest to us it will play in 2018 is Winnipeg. Not so far, not so close either.
Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:36 PM   #5
Executive Chef

The only food related things I got were some Foodsaver bags and a new Weber cover for my Genesis gas grill.

KL, I've never been to a Cavalia show, but have been to a few Cirque du Soleil shows. Cavalia kind of looks like Cirque du Soleil with horses. I don't like horses. They never seem to be happy to see me, either, so I guess we are even.

CD
Old 12-28-2017, 08:59 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

No foodie things here this Christmas. Well, except for the candy in my stocking (Toblerones, Mike and Ikes, gum, and Ghirardelli caramel squares), and the Mrs. Prindables apples that we didn't hand out. Every year we order a bunch of the chocolate covered apples to give out to our guests and neighbors , but this year we have extras.

As far as other gifts, though, I can't wait to try out my new trekking poles and snowshoes. I also got a Morakniv Swedish camping knife, and a lot of clothes.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 08:36 AM   #7
Wine Guy

I didn't receive many cooking related gifts this year, but my kitchen is pretty well stocked. I did get a new hand mixer, and a fry pan splatter screen, both of which I needed.

I bought a few things for my daughter and her boyfriend. I got them a cookware set (Rachel Ray, not real high end, but they tend to be hard on their pots and pans). I also bought them an electric indoor grill, and a nice salt cellar.
Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:00 AM   #8
Master Chef

Old 12-29-2017, 12:45 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
The only food related things I got were some Foodsaver bags and a new Weber cover for my Genesis gas grill.

KL, I've never been to a Cavalia show, but have been to a few Cirque du Soleil shows. Cavalia kind of looks like Cirque du Soleil with horses. I don't like horses. They never seem to be happy to see me, either, so I guess we are even.

CD
As a kid, I was thrown off a horse and since then, they've scared me some. I never "got back on the horse again". Guess I learned my lesson. On the other hand, from a distance horses like these I find fascinating with their power and grace. We can hardly wait.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:02 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Underwear
Baseball glove
Commuter coffee press/mug
Pajamas
Boxes of chocolates/fried fruit
Head lamp
Year-end cash distribution from parents
T-shirts
Red wine