2017 Christmas gifts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Christmas gifts

I LOVE my new Braun! I got the basic model plus the masher attachment. I don't use a regular food processor often so I didn't get it.

Braun_MQ7_1.JPG

Braun_MQ7_2.JPG

Braun_MQ7_3.jpg

Masher attachment. Made mashed tatters in seconds.

braun_masher.jpg

Mini Fat Dadio 6"X3" pedestal springform pan. I love my large version because it doesn't leak due to the raised pedestal design. I will be using this in my Instant Pot. Obviously for cheesecake BUT also lasagna (maybe tonight) and taco pie plus others I'm sure.

6_inch_mini_cheesecake_pan.jpg

Mini silicone oven mits. Will make removing pans etc. from my Instant Pot but it will be great for removing hot stuff from the microwave oven, regular oven or toaster oven also.

IP_mini_mits.jpg

I also got 2 DVD's - both Cary Grant movies. Father Goose and Operation Petticoat.

msmofet, I love my hand blender, I use it 10 x more often than my blender, at least once a week if not more.

I bought DH a waffle maker, for me to make him waffles (as I'm not a fan). He is quite pleased with it! I've made waffles, brownie waffles, and a pressed salami cheese sandwich in it so far. I also got him a new leather bottomed back pack for his hunting trips.

Dh bought me the movie 'The Shack' and we watched it twice already, such a good movie. Wool socks, some darning supplies. Sleeping pjs, new housecoat, I'm quite the fashionable gal.

We splurge over the holidays with foods we wouldn't cook any other time of year, shrimp in the midwest!!?, candied fruit for the stollen, a dry german wine for the fondue, artichoke hearts, special crackers for all the cheese and meat and dips. We eat like kings from Christmas to New Years.

SousChef and I rarely exchange Christmas gifts, except for mushy cards. We both have everything we need or want, and a mushy card suits us just fine. My kids know how hard we are to buy for, and we'd much rather they spend their money on each other but this year they gave us tickets to a spectacular production we're really excited about attending in a couple of weeks. The big white traveling tent has been the talk of the local area and here's a link I hope you all look at.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzJYeWE0i8Q

Last edited:
Wow, that looks spectacular KL and SC.
If you let the vid continue, there is a pretty good interview that follows.
I had to look, the closest to us it will play in 2018 is Winnipeg. Not so far, not so close either.

The only food related things I got were some Foodsaver bags and a new Weber cover for my Genesis gas grill.

KL, I've never been to a Cavalia show, but have been to a few Cirque du Soleil shows. Cavalia kind of looks like Cirque du Soleil with horses. I don't like horses. They never seem to be happy to see me, either, so I guess we are even. :LOL:

CD

No foodie things here this Christmas. Well, except for the candy in my stocking (Toblerones, Mike and Ikes, gum, and Ghirardelli caramel squares), and the Mrs. Prindables apples that we didn't hand out. Every year we order a bunch of the chocolate covered apples to give out to our guests and neighbors , but this year we have extras.

As far as other gifts, though, I can't wait to try out my new trekking poles and snowshoes. I also got a Morakniv Swedish camping knife, and a lot of clothes.

I didn't receive many cooking related gifts this year, but my kitchen is pretty well stocked. I did get a new hand mixer, and a fry pan splatter screen, both of which I needed.

I bought a few things for my daughter and her boyfriend. I got them a cookware set (Rachel Ray, not real high end, but they tend to be hard on their pots and pans). I also bought them an electric indoor grill, and a nice salt cellar.

The only food related things I got were some Foodsaver bags and a new Weber cover for my Genesis gas grill.

KL, I've never been to a Cavalia show, but have been to a few Cirque du Soleil shows. Cavalia kind of looks like Cirque du Soleil with horses. I don't like horses. They never seem to be happy to see me, either, so I guess we are even. :LOL:

CD

As a kid, I was thrown off a horse and since then, they've scared me some. I never "got back on the horse again". Guess I learned my lesson. On the other hand, from a distance horses like these I find fascinating with their power and grace. We can hardly wait.

Last edited:
My husband gave me my favourite movie and my daughter gave me a tea cup, I am happy.
Another friend sent my Kitchen Aid to be mended and it is now enjoying life in my kitchen.

Wow...Kay and SC...that looks like a fabulous event! Hoping to hear your thoughts about it once you've attended and (hopefully) have some pics.

I grew up with horses and have fallen off more times than I can count - back when I was a young 'un and 10 feet tall and bullet proof. Jumping, saddle breaking, barrel race training...scary now to look back at all the chances I took. :huh:

I got a few nice little warm comfies - a nice big no-sew blanket, slippers, candles, a gift card for Home Depot :), and there's still a late Christmas to celebrate with my older daughter and her family who live out of town. It was a wonderful Christmas, as always.

Last edited:
The most meaningful present I got for Christmas was my Grand Mother's pearls - necklaces, pins, earrings and rings. Everything else was covered with Minions, oh and a big tin rooster for the yard.

The most meaningful present I got for Christmas was my Grand Mother's pearls - necklaces, pins, earrings and rings. Everything else was covered with Minions, oh and a big tin rooster for the yard.

Funny story...

A couple years back, my mom gave me her father's pocket watch. The dial and case were that of a very expensive and prestigious watchmaker of the era. It wasn't running, so I took it to a friend who is a high-end jeweler with an in-house watchmaker to have it repaired. I found out that the guts of the watch were from a cheap pocket watch. It was the antique version of today's fake Rolex.

I still have it, but I'm not spending any money on it. :LOL:

CD

Funny story...

A couple years back, my mom gave me her father's pocket watch. The dial and case were that of a very expensive and prestigious watchmaker of the era. It wasn't running, so I took it to a friend who is a high-end jeweler with an in-house watchmaker to have it repaired. I found out that the guts of the watch were from a cheap pocket watch. It was the antique version of today's fake Rolex.

I still have it, but I'm not spending any money on it. :LOL:

CD

Please tell me you didn't tell your Mom.

Craig got us the black truffle and a couple of jars of osetra caviar. We're going today to The Cheese Course to pick up a few things for a charcuterie board that we'll have with the caviar tomorrow evening, along with a flower bottle of Perier Jouet that we've had for a few years, hope it is still okay. Didn't really mean to keep it around this long, just kind of happened. I'm also assuming he gave me a virus, since he wasn't feeling too well for a few days before I got sick, that has just absolutely knocked me on my behind. At least I was able to brush my teeth and do a little bit last couple of days without feeling like I was going to keel over.

My Dad got me something I was missing re my Scandinavian cooking stuff-a waffle iron to make heart-shaped waffles. I guess he wants me to make some Norwegian waffles. He sure enjoyed the Goran.

Back
Top Bottom