20th reunion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikki

Sous Chef
I just went to my 20th high school reunion last night. I was a little apprehensive about going because I knew most of my group of friends weren't going to be there. Well it was the best time I've had in awhile. we spent a few hours at one place catching up and then walked to another place where an 80's band was playing. It was just like our last high school dance, I think the only difference is, I feel all the jumping around we did a little bit more then I did 20 years ago.
People that I didn't talk to much came up and said I always liked you in high school we just never hung out. It was just so much fun and I definately won't miss the 25th.

I envy you! I love it that you had such a good time. I went to one school for 9th grade, one for 10th and part of 11th, and graduated from a third. I wouldn't even consider going to a high school reunion. It would be ludicrous. Ironically, I often run into people who live in the same towns as people they knew in those days, and they make a huge production when they run into them. Roll of eyes here. My friendships from those days wax and wane, but people here (who live literally down the street from their so-called friends) are astonished when I trot out my best friend from when I was 16 or so.

What I'm getting at here is ... don't miss out on the freindships. It is a precious and lovely gift. Follow up on them.

I envy you! I love it that you had such a good time. I went to one school for 9th grade, one for 10th and part of 11th, and graduated from a third. I wouldn't even consider going to a high school reunion. It would be ludicrous. Ironically, I often run into people who live in the same towns as people they knew in those days, and they make a huge production when they run into them. Roll of eyes here. My friendships from those days wax and wane, but people here (who live literally down the street from their so-called friends) are astonished when I trot out my best friend from when I was 16 or so.

What I'm getting at here is ... don't miss out on the freindships. It is a precious and lovely gift. Follow up on them.
What a nice post, Claire! And a good reminder that friends are worth the effort to hang onto!

Back
Top Bottom