"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-08-2006, 09:47 AM   #1
Executive Chef

Is it one tonite? I hope so. This waiting is getting kind of stressful. Thinking about too many things and keep pushing tv 24 to the back of my plate. I do see it advertised so I will be sure to take time to watch tv around 8. I know it is on for two nites. Are you all ready?

Old 01-08-2006, 09:58 AM   #2
Master Chef

Sorry, ITK, you'll have to wait one more week. It premiers the 15th and the 16th.
I'm excited too!! Got to have my Kiefer fix!!

Old 01-08-2006, 11:51 AM   #3
Executive Chef

texas

you better be sorry! this is like having bad hangnail and can't find the scissors. Anxiety, anxiety. Don't need it. Imagine what Jack Bauer goes through. wonder what kind of medication he has to take to act in the show. SO INTENSE!!!! Oh thanks texas. You do well.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:55 AM   #4
Master Chef

If noone else on here watches 24, they will think we're completely nuts
That's okay. Dh can't wait to watch either.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:52 PM   #5
Executive Chef

We are big fans of 24 too. Too bad we don't get tv recption at our house Right now we are watching the 4th season on dvd, which is kind of nice to wait for the dvd to come out, that way there's no commercials and if something huge happens we don't have to wait a whole week to find out what happens. Enjoy your 24 In The Kitchen and Texasgirl!
Old 01-08-2006, 12:57 PM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
We are big fans of 24 too. Too bad we don't get tv recption at our house Right now we are watching the 4th season on dvd, which is kind of nice to wait for the dvd to come out, that way there's no commercials and if something huge happens we don't have to wait a whole week to find out what happens. Enjoy your 24 In The Kitchen and Texasgirl!
You need a satellite!! I don't know how I would live without my tv
Old 01-08-2006, 04:01 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl
You need a satellite!! I don't know how I would live without my tv
Yes, but that costs $$$ we don't have. I miss it sometimes but when I was in the hospital last month with 100+ channels with nothing to watch I was so happy not to have that at my house (especially now that we have kids). We watch movies and that is good enough for me. As for 24 & LOST, I just have to wait and stay away from the threads when you guys talk about them.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:32 PM   #8
Chief Eating Officer

We are huge 24 fans too, but we also wait until they come out on DVD. We enjoy it so much more that way. We wait till we have a a free weekend and just watch them all back to back. I think I would go out of my mind if I had to wait a week between episodes
Old 01-08-2006, 04:49 PM   #9
Master Chef

I do go out of my mine every week.......oh wait, that has nothing to do with 24.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:46 AM   #10
Executive Chef

Thanks

Thanks to you all for your comments! Knowing there are others who get the same 'thrill' I do makes me happy. The show is so intense. (Do I overuse the word?) Except for texas she seems to records every move and then has them figured out too. She's pretty good even though she is out of her mind, she says. She should be hired to work on the show. that is why I am glad you are around texas. If I miss something I run to ask you. GB waiting for the show does drive me crazy. Thankful you can control yourself. You would think I don't have a life out of 24! I do think it helps to 'imagine' that the show is for real. I do feel grateful not to have to worry about getting my car blown up or worse being captured by terrorists or having Jack Bauer tell me to drive him someplace. Wouldn't that be a trip? I don't know how long someone could keep this up. Starting to remind me of Star Wars. On different time frame. It begins next week. Have to repeat this over and over so if I get someplace, like fall in a hole or something.i will surely remember. Could happen!