"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-06-2005, 09:47 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Lugaru, so glad you feel the way I do. I rarely miss the show unless someone forgets to record them, like me. I don't watch tv too often only when something really has good characters and I think he is one of the best. Did you see him in the one movie with Julia Roberts something about flatline? Where they died for few seconds and came back?

Old 01-07-2005, 03:40 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

Interesting comments on Sutherland. Are any of you aware that his grandmother is Shirley Douglas, a very well known and highly respected Canadian actress. As well, her father, Tommy Douglas, was the man responsible for getting Canadians our Medicare system. Quite a family.

Old 01-07-2005, 05:16 PM   #13
Certified Executive Chef

DId anyone see The View this morning? Kiefer was one of their guests and it was a great interview. He is a very charming guy, like his father. He was promoting, of course, the new season we are all going to watch.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:17 PM   #14
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienallo
Interesting comments on Sutherland. Are any of you aware that his grandmother is Shirley Douglas, a very well known and highly respected Canadian actress. As well, her father, Tommy Douglas, was the man responsible for getting Canadians our Medicare system. Quite a family.
I bet the Canadian Medicare system is in better shape than ours.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:28 PM   #15
Executive Chef

norgeskog, he really is in the right show isn't he? This sounds so interesting that his own family has made some difference in our society. He is extremely intense in his mannerism no matter when I see him. Very serious. This show 24 is on on Sunday and Monday for 2 hours each? Did I get that right? I wish him the best and I did hear he got some kind of award for the show which I was happy to hear. He doesn't look like he is a very big guy. Who cares just point of interest.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:29 PM   #16
Executive Chef

norgeskog, he really is in the right show isn't he? This sounds so interesting that his own family has made some difference in our society. He is extremely intense in his mannerism no matter when I see him. Very serious. This show 24 is on on Sunday and Monday for 2 hours each? Did I get that right? I wish him the best and I did hear he got some kind of award for the show which I was happy to hear. He doesn't look like he is a very big guy. Who cares just point of interest.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:51 PM   #17
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
It is on sunday, but I think the monday one is reruns or repeat. Do not know for certain. He has received two tv awards for the show. He is about as tall as his father, I believe.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:30 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to spryte Send a message via MSN to spryte Send a message via Yahoo to spryte
Sunday and Monday are both all new episodes. They don't show reruns of 24.
spryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 08:35 PM   #19
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to spryte Send a message via MSN to spryte Send a message via Yahoo to spryte
The only main character returning from last season is Jack Bauer. I'm not very excited about that. I liked the chemistry & history with the characters in all the previous seasons. The previews still look action packed, so I still can't wait. But I'm very curious about this season.
spryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 03:34 PM   #20
Assistant Cook

Hi everyone and a Happy New Year to you all. Yesterday I posted a response regarding the Sutherlands and later couldn't find it - vanished into thin air! Anyway, I wanted to ask if anyone is aware that Keifer's mother, Shirley Douglas, is a well known, superbly talented and highly respected Canadian actress. As well, her father, Tommy Douglas was completely responsible for getting us Canadians our Medicare system. A very talented family.