27-pound lobster caught in Maine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can anyone say, "Drawn butter?"

Seriously, I'm glad Rocky will be released back into his home.

I would seriously love to volunteer my body to science to determine if there is any lethal dose of lobster. :)

Back in my youth I had a girlfriend who thought lobster was yucky. I finally convinced her to try it, and after that she ordered it almost every time we went to a steak-seafood place. Gawd I was stupid in those days!!!

wow! I have never seen one that big! I wonder what the life span of a lobster is? How could they tell the age?
I believe the age is estimated by multiplying the animal's weight by some magic number. I don't know what the maximum age of a lobster is, but I remember reading something not long ago about a restaurant that had what they thought was a 150 year old lobster in their tank.

did anyone else try the science literacy test that's just below the article?
i did ok: 41 out of 50. barely a grade "b". :neutral:

did anyone else try the science literacy test that's just below the article?
i did ok: 41 out of 50. barely a grade "b". :neutral:

Same here. I figure that's not bad considering how long it's been since I was in school and I didn't have a chance to study for it.

The biggest I've ever bought was 14 pounds. Back then I used to get two 2-2.5 pounders, one for me and one for my husband. They couldn't find a matching pair that day and the man behind the counter said he had the 14 pounder and sold it to me for $1 a pound!

Nowadays you can't even get 2 pounders!

yeah, why is that, zhi? you can get really small ones up to 1 1/2 pounders, and 3+ lbs., but then you pay through your nose for the big ones.

2 1/2 to 3 pounds is just about the right size for a meal and 2 of them will still fit in one home sized lobster pot.

Back
Top Bottom