3 Kittens for my birthday! Pics....!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How adorable! That will make for a truly Joyeuse Anniversaire!

Be sure to get stuff for and make scratching posts, tho. I can only imagine how many more pieces of furniture three kittens can ruin than just one! :ohmy:

Ria is still wheezing... I am really hoping he is able to breathe once I give him the second dose of antibiotics. I am really worried about him....... he hasn't slept since yesterday afternoon when the wheezing started :( :( :(

this is a common thing with kittens but very scary. my thomas got it the day after i brought him home from shelter. took him back there and they gave him liquids inter. if u don't feel he is getting enough liquids take him right away to the vet. best of luck. they are just wonderful.

this is a common thing with kittens but very scary. my thomas got it the day after i brought him home from shelter. took him back there and they gave him liquids inter. if u don't feel he is getting enough liquids take him right away to the vet. best of luck. they are just wonderful.

I agree with babe, Saph. Little ones can get dehydrated easily. Keep an eye on Ria.

You didn't say, but I assume they're litter mates, yes?

Yes, all brothers. I have little Ria sitting on my desk in his bed, wheezing. He is fighting for each breath, but I am following the vets instructions. I really hope that this second dose of antibiotics kicks in soon. The little tyke has been awake since yesterday afternoon and must be exhausted. It doesn't help that Nick had to leave today, and will be gone for a month. I'm taking the day off work tomorrow.

It's going to be a long first night...

I am so afraid that he is going to stop breathing..

I can't even imagine what he's going through.. I'm just sitting here stroking his back, he can't even lay down :( Tears keep flowing.. the other two are upstairs. His ears are warm also, he has a fever.

Has anyone else had to handle something like this? How did you make them comfortable? I wish I could just unblock his little nose.

I just took Ria back to the hospital for an overnight stay. They say he may not make it.

I am so glad I got insurance, they cover up to 750$ per pet for upper respiratory virus. Which is still less than what I'm paying, because it's a sunday...

I just took Ria back to the hospital for an overnight stay. They say he may not make it.

I am so glad I got insurance, they cover up to 750$ per pet for upper respiratory virus. Which is still less than what I'm paying, because it's a sunday...

Oh, sweetie! I'll say prayers for your little Ria. Maybe he'll only use one of his 9 lives. Hang in there.

Saph, my kitten had a severe upper respiratory infection shortly after I brought him home from the shelter. The worst of it lasted about 3 days (I was sick, too, so we were both in bed).

I had a vaporizer in my bedroom for him, and that helped.

Good luck with your kittens! They are lovely!

Lee

If he does get better I'm going to have to take him back to the humane society :( I just can't keep up with the money - I've spent almost exactly $1000.00 today :(

oh my dear , i am so sorry. such a hard thing. i know what you mean about the cost. it can get out of hand rapidly. try not to feel you should have done something. we do what we can. hope the other two stay well.

babe (thomas's mom):(

Back
Top Bottom