3 people you want to invite to dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would choose my Grandfather but I couldn`t stand to lose him again.
so my 3 would be:

Dmitri Mendeleev
Earnest Rutherford
Nikola Tesla

I am not sure where to start...

My grandfather from my mothers side. Died before I was born, sounded like one heck of a guy.

My Grandfather from my Dads side, just one last time.

Carl Sagen.

buckytom said:
just an fyi, the pyramids were built roughly 2000 years before tut-ankh-amun's time. he was planted in a tomb in the valley of the kings, not in a pyramid.

True! But I was thinking, he should know how they did it.

I guess I am with Andy M on this one...

My mom and dad who passed away 4 years ago.
My Aunt Judy (she was never really my aunt, just seemed that way)
And Moses

My choices:

Jesus Christ
Leonardo Da Vinci
Lizzie Borden

I would like to ask some questions that have bugged me!

Rather than have them together at one meal, I'd prefer to invite one at a time, so I could learn more from each individual.

Politician: I think Ben Franklin would be a great guest...I know the ladies of the French court certainly enjoyed his company.
Actor: Al Pucino would be my next guest...I just love to listen to him talk.
Comedian: Robin Williams would be lots of fun...
Singer: I'd love to fix cheeseburgers for Jimmy Buffet.
Scientist: Carl Sagin...I always found him fascinating.
Chef: Julia Child, of course. We could drink a little wine and cook together.

Ryan Reynolds (we might as go on our first date since he's my future husband:heart: )
Robin Williams (probably be laughing so hard we wouldn't have a chance to eat)
The cast of CSI:Vegas (yes, I know that's more than 3 but I'm obsessed with that show and would love to hang out with them all :bb: )

Invited friends

Oh my where do I start? These are the first 3 that popped into my head
1. Jesus Christ
2. Abraham Lincoln
3. My sister, who has gone to be
with Jesus about 7 years ago oh I miss her.:(

jeninga75 said:
Ryan Reynolds (we might as go on our first date since he's my future husband:heart: )
Robin Williams (probably be laughing so hard we wouldn't have a chance to eat)
The cast of CSI:Vegas (yes, I know that's more than 3 but I'm obsessed with that show and would love to hang out with them all :bb: )
;) Thats the point you can have more than three read my original post.:)

For another meal:

My father who died when I was 23.

Buck's father. I never got to meet him. Only spoke to him on the phone once when Buck and I were dating.

My little sister who was a year younger than I. She died at birth. I was only a year old when she was born. I would love to "meet" her.

I will not state my parents whom I can only see again in my thoughts. Not because I would not love to see them once again. But because I will make this of more general interest, I hope.

Number one, Jack the Ripper. Merely because I would love to know who he was. Of course I guess we would have to use plastic cutlery, steak knives would be a no no.

Number two, Adolph Hitler. That may seem odd, but I would just like some insight into how someone who was so evil and profoundly disturbed could assume so much power and get so many people to do such horrible acts. Of course he was a vegetarian and number one, Jack, well, uh, was definitely not. So the menu might be a bit difficult. But let them argue about it.

Third Boudica, the Iceni queen who led her British tribe to so many devastating victories over the Romans. One tough lady she. But we know so little of her.

fourth, Ann Boleyn, number two wife to Henry VIII. She has always been a qiestion to me. Or if not available Cleopatra. Two apparently not all that stunning women who were able to attract the most powerful men of their times.

And number one and two need dinner dates after all.

This is tongue in cheek, but I like history and there are many aspects of each I would like to understand more about.

auntdot said:
I will not state my parents whom I can only see again in my thoughts. Not because I would not love to see them once again. But because I will make this of more general interest, I hope.

Number one, Jack the Ripper. Merely because I would love to know who he was. Of course I guess we would have to use plastic cutlery, steak knives would be a no no.

Number two, Adolph Hitler. That may seem odd, but I would just like some insight into how someone who was so evil and profoundly disturbed could assume so much power and get so many people to do such horrible acts. Of course he was a vegetarian and number one, Jack, well, uh, was definitely not. So the menu might be a bit difficult. But let them argue about it.

Third Boudica, the Iceni queen who led her British tribe to so many devastating victories over the Romans. One tough lady she. But we know so little of her.

fourth, Ann Boleyn, number two wife to Henry VIII. She has always been a qiestion to me. Or if not available Cleopatra. Two apparently not all that stunning women who were able to attract the most powerful men of their times.

This is tongue in cheek, but I like history and there are many aspects of each I would like to understand more about.

Great guests Aunt Dot these people would be really interesting.I would think if they could come back after dying they would really tell you why they were the way they were and did what they did.With no consequenses.

I always answer this question the same way, when I only get to choose one person: Jesus Christ.

But you let me have three, so I'll invite his mother, Mary, and my beloved, much-missed grandmother, too.

Nan and I have always had a WHOLE LOT of questions to ask those two!

Lee

auntdot said:

Aunt Dot, I love your guest list! I'm fascinated by history too, especially wondering about the "blanks". The only way to really fill them in would be to actually talk to the history makers themselves. I often wonder how our world would change if we were able to verify and (inevitably correct) the historical accounts we have all grown up on.
Terry

Back
Top Bottom