.40's Woodshop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spent some time out in the shop Friday and Saturday.

Finished work on the raised panels
Glued up the panel assemblies that make up the "sides" of the chest.

Nice joints. Go ahead and :bb:

And I see you know the value of a sharp pencil. ;)

What finish are you thinking of for the cherry?

Nice!

The base looks like it was originally from an old fashioned hot water tank, similar to this guy.
antique-hot-water-heater-eddy-chance.jpg

Oh that is so cool. :cool:
And it would fit right in with the rest of my junk. :ohmy:

Do you think Tim and Diane are still together? ;)

That's so cool, Zagut! I love repurposing stuff. I've made some very strange combinations, but it's fun, and they work.

Dawgluver, I hate to see anything go to waste and I'm kinda OCD about finding a use for things. Guess that's why my middle name should be Sanford. :whistling
One persons trash is another persons treasure. :mrgreen:

Nice joints. Go ahead and :bb:

And I see you know the value of a sharp pencil. ;)

What finish are you thinking of for the cherry?

Measure a minimum of 14 times and corroborate each of the findings between analog vs digital measuring tools and THE PLAN, set the marking gage and verify it against the work, triple check the machine setup and make a test cut on scrap, then cut once! :ROFLMAO:

I use Watco Danish Oil almost exclusively for fine furniture projects. I can't over state what an incredible finish it makes. Since cherry can be very blotchy when using stains I'll go for the natural color Watco.

Measure a minimum of 14 times and corroborate each of the findings between analog vs digital measuring tools and THE PLAN, set the marking gage and verify it against the work, triple check the machine setup and make a test cut on scrap, then cut once! :ROFLMAO:

I use Watco Danish Oil almost exclusively for fine furniture projects. I can't over state what an incredible finish it makes. Since cherry can be very blotchy when using stains I'll go for the natural color Watco.

"digital measuring tools " I'm to "old" school for them. :mrgreen:

"THE PLAN" All things in life must adapt to what is in the here and now. :rolleyes:

"make a test cut on scrap" The only way to go. :clap:

I like your choice of a natural finish. Let the wood tell you what it want's to look like.

Now what are you going to do with the cedar?

I think I know. ;)

"digital measuring tools " I'm to "old" school for them. :mrgreen:

"THE PLAN" All things in life must adapt to what is in the here and now. :rolleyes:

"make a test cut on scrap" The only way to go. :clap:

I like your choice of a natural finish. Let the wood tell you what it want's to look like.

Now what are you going to do with the cedar?

I think I know. ;)

Cedar bottom for the chest. Digital calipers for mortise and tenons every time. Only way I can get them to come out right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom