??Did you know ??
Memorial Day originated in 1868, when Union General John A. Logan designated
a day in which the graves of Civil War soldiers would be decorated.
Known as Decoration Day, the holiday was changed to Memorial Day within
twenty years, becoming a holiday dedicated to the memory of all war dead. It
became a federal holiday in 1971, and is now observed on the last Monday in
There is also a Confederate Memorial Day, which is celebrated on various
days in spring in some of the southern states.
1. complete this advertising jingle from the sixties;
"don't cook tonight, call __________!"
2. in what sport did nancy lopez excel?
3. what year did frank sinatra win his oscar?
4. who preceded pete rozelle as NFL commissioner?
5. how many men were shot in john hinkley's assassination attempt of
6. what year did the new york mets enter baseball?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
wild rice is the official grain of louisiana.
1. CHICKEN DELIGHT
3. 1953 (1957?)
4. bert bell (??)
wild rice is the official grain of the state of minnesota. For many years,
most of the wild rice produced in the world hailed from minnesota's shallow
Did you know.. EXTRA
Here are three little-known Civil War facts:
• More than 3 million people fought in the war. Of those, more than 620,000 died—two percent of the entire U.S. population.
• In 1864 Andersonville Prison in Georgia held 33,000 prisoners, making it the fifth-largest city in the Confederacy.
• Missouri sent 39 regiments to fight in the siege of Vicksburg: 22 for the North . . . and 17 for the South.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !