5 things about you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. I coach youth roller hockey.
2. I am a certified Blackbelt in Karate.
3. I love to cook.
4. I hate Mac and Cheese.
5. I am addicted to bacon.

1. I love my day job, but I'd really like to go to Culinary school. I've decided that I'd like to get into catering.
2. Favourite thing to make is appetizers, the finnickier the better. I find it therapeutic.
3. I'm actually quite shy until I get to know people. then watch out.
4. Born in Montreal, moved out to western Canada, now back closer to home.
5. Have two cats. Silly, short for Druscilla, but she is really silly. Tazzy, short for Tasmanian Devil. She's the brat cat.

I love this thread!

I love all dogs (spell dog backwards)
I love my herbs
I really love retirement
I love my wife of 35 yrs.
But most of all I love life, all the good things and friends we have....

later

later

A little about me.

I want to visit Luxembourg and England.

I love Andrew LLoyd Webber music.

I love gloomy weather (someone has too).

I love to read English mysteries.

I have Sleep Paralysis, you who have it know what I mean.

Alix said:
I'm addicted to maple coffee.

Tell me about this, Alix.

Are the beans maple-flavored? Or do you add stuff to regular coffee?

If the former, where do you get the beans? I would love that!

Lee

1. I don’t like to sit and try to think of things I like and don’t like, but it seems churlish not to after reading all these posts!
2. I do love cooking – even when I think I’m not in the mood, things get better if I do it anyway.
3. I love to read and do crossword puzzles.
4. I love to talk to my daughters and watch videos with them.
5. I love my husband, who is so savvy – he always knows what to say in difficult situations, and he’s a brilliant musician to boot. I don’t like that he spits toothpaste in the sink and doesn’t rinse it out.

This was fun after all - hate to stop at five.:LOL:

P.S. to JoAnn L - My daughter has had some frightening experiences with Sleep Paralysis.

what is sleep paralysis?

and yes, alix, please elaborate on maple coffee...it's an intriguing concept, as i love both maple based products and coffee :)

VeraBlue I have friends who saw auras as a the onset of migranes. One friend could actually "scare" a migrane away by taking pain meds (Rx strength ibuprofen in her case) and spending awhile in a dark room (like a half-hour to an hour).

It isn't the same as a psychic aura, which is when a person sees an aura around a person, and usually there is some color connected with it. That person (the person who sees auras) can tell something the person they're looking at by the color of the aura. Angry. Sad. Loss. Confusion. Happy. Content.

I've met both types. Thank heaven I don't see auras (and don't have migraines and am not psychic).

Oh, brother. Wound up with two posts after my computer told me the first one didn't "take". Forgive me.

arlienb said:
what is sleep paralysis?

Sleep Paralysis
My daughter took a "night desk" job while in college and slept less and at odd times. She had the whole bag of symptoms, including hallucinations. When she quit the job and went back to a more "normal" sleeping schedule they mostly went away. Knowing what it is decreases the terror of it. DD thought her head would start spinning around next...:shock:

Five things about me. Hmmm. These are the first to come to mind and are just how they popped into my head, so not in any particular order.

1. As the saying goes, you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find the handsome prince, my second and present husband is my prince. My first marriage was absolutely horrible, abusive, etc. I've been with Buck for 30 years now and I can't imagine being with anyone else. We have 5 children together and worked hard to create a wonderful family, which I believe we did.

2. Love, dearly, love to read. My father was an avid reader and I think demonstrated how much fun and how important reading is. Every room in our 15-room house has books in it. My cookbook collection probably exceeds 700 and I delight in pulling one off the shelf and just reading it, trying to visualize the dish/meal described.

3. My pets (cats - indoor and outdoor) are my children now that ours are all grown-up and are "big" people with families of their own. I mother them just as I mothered my human children. Currently, Ty (outside) is on the s**t list because he has been trying to beat the beejeepers out of Squeakers and Violet. He'd be in the time-out chair if I thought he'd stay there.

4. I love being alive. I've had several experiences in my life where I have nearly died and have gained an appreciation for life and, from those experiences, learned what to "sweat" or not to "sweat."

5. I like getting older. I never imagined I'd live to be the age I am - 57. As I look at that number, it even looks funny to me. I still feel as though I am a young person inside. Actually I think I embarrass my children because I don't really "act" my age. How can I? I've never been 57 before so I don't know what that's like.:dry:

There are more I'm sure, but this is today's story and I'm sticking with it.

1. I have a beautifull daughter called Hannah, shes 15 months old.
2. My wife and I have been married 8 years this Hallow`en.
3. I love cooking but espescialy the things I`ve grown myself.
4. I`m a full time Science nerd in Chem and Electronics.
5. Beer and BBQ makes my day :)

1. I love my hubby & kids more than anythng & wouldn't take anything in the world for them.

2. I'd rather have beer than wine.

3. I love to read.

4. I'm very insecure about my looks, but I think what I have on the inside is much more important anyway.

5. I love shoes but hate wearing them.

Hmmm. Five things about me ... Let's see ...

1. I grew up in Andover, MA, but we moved to Ohio at about the time I was ready for college. I still miss New England.

2. I love living in California, the proximity to ocean and mountains, and the friendliness of the people.

3. I enjoy art and make my own greeting cards and stationery.

4. I love to cook and bake and to create my own recipes.

5. I'm happily married to a great guy. We love to travel..

1, I love my husband and kids so much from them i have learned the
true meaning of the word love.

2, I have true faith in God and the after life.

3, Cooking relaxes me or maybe it is the glass of wine I have when I cook:ohmy:

4, I run three miles every other day I hate doing it but love the way I feel
when I am done.

5, I am great wife and mom. I do have to tell you sometimes being a parent is so hard. I am having a very difficult time with my oldest daughter
she is beautiful, outgoing and so smart. I just want to keep her at home
with us until I don't know how old. I know I can't do that it would not
help her grow and would silence all the things she is right now which will
only blossom more. But why does everyone else have to see so much
of what we see in her. Can you tell the boys are beating down our
doors or they think so:boxing: :hammer: :bash: this is what they are going to find
on the other end of the door at least for two or so years. Then it will start all over again with my 2nd beauty and then my 3rd. Oh so many sleepless nights for us. And all the prayers. So I guess my 5th thing for the next
12 or so years will be I don't sleep:wacko:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom