5 things about you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

liketobake

Senior Cook
5 things about you

1. I like to bake more then cook
2. I love shoes
3. I like to garden
4. I do not like mushrooms
5. I do not like dangerous drivers, exessive speeders etc.

:lucky:

1. My husband and my son mean more to me than the rest of the world all put together.

2. I'd rather have vanilla ice cream and chocolate pudding
than chocolate ice cream and vanilla pudding.

3. Books are my "drug" of choice.

4. I have the worlds best kitty cat.

5. I take a nap every afternoon.

pdswife said:
4. I have the worlds best kitty cat.

I dont know about that... my kitties seem to think that they are the Kings of the World. :king:

- - -

Five things about me:

1) I feel at "home" when I am near the ocean even though I have never lived on the coast (and still don't... but will be moving out there when I'm done with my college courses!)

2) I am really close to my sister even though she now lives in Holland. (we can "sense" things with each other and always know when something is wrong, even if we've not been in contact in awhile... it's weird Sister ESP or something!)

3) My favourite foods are seafood, vegetables and cheeses.

4) I'd rather it be *really* hot (like sweltering) then really cold outside. (I hate snow!)

5) I've never gotten a traffic ticket.

"I dont know about that... my kitties seem to think that they are the Kings of the World.
king.gif
"

LOL...
My kitty is Lily Lily Queen of cats. So, your kitties may keep on being the KINGS!!

1. I love the ocean and have always lived near it.

2. Even though I'm part Japanese and use all kinds of Japanese ingredients in my cooking, I hate sea urchin and natto.

3. I am a certified sommelier by the American Court of Master Sommeliers.

4. Even though my favorite cuisine to cook is Asian fusion, my favorite cuisine to eat is Italian.

5. I spend a lot of money on clothes, even more than my GF.

ironchef said:
2. Even though I'm part Japanese and use all kinds of Japanese ingredients in my cooking, I hate sea urchin and natto.

Hehe... and see, I'm of European descent and actually really enjoy sea urchin and natto. Yum! I also like durian fruits, which my culinary friends all think is insane. LOL.

What is a Sommelier? I know I can go look it up, but I would rather you tell me.

1. I like to stay in shape... but I don't like to eat healthy even tho I try.

2. I love seafood and I keep fish tanks..... I like to watch fish too, very calming.

3. I like being nice to people and smiliing at those who don't seem to want to smile. Smiling at them makes most smile back at you and that is cool.

4. I don't like rudeness..... blatant rudeness, it is so not neccessary but ever so prevelant these days.

5. I love my dogs and they help me to understand what unconditional love is all about.... even tho I have a hard time exercising it.

1. I like to cook more than bake.
2. I love shoes, because they protect my feet.
3. I like to grow herbs.
4. I love mushrooms, because properly done they taste great on any meat I cook
5. I think everyone should be required to ride a motorcycle exclusively for three years after they have legally driven a car for two. This will teach them that they are not bullet-proof, teach them to drive responsibly and defensively, and get the idiots out of the gene-pool.

Kelly

1. My favorite past times are football and cooking
2. I never thought I'd spend my career in non-profit; in service to others
3. I'm an accountant at heart, and a work-a-holic
4. I am an optomist in all things not political
5. I aspire to be mindful in all I do.

1. I'd rather run 6 miles than watch television
2. My cat is the empress Molly and she is the greatest cat in all the world!!! (well England anyway)
3. I've lived in Australia and England, and I love England the most (but have an Australian flag hanging out the window!!)
4. I've turned into a football fanatic, I just need to find a team to support (English football)
5. Since losing 60lbs I've given up chips, fried fish, McDonalds - but I can't give up chocolate!!!

1. my greatest joys are my 6 grandkids and my family,and all our four legged friends
2-I abhor unfairness,rudness and lies.
3- I'd rather cook than watch a movie
4-Coming to DC is how I relax and enjoy lovely, kind people
5-I love to garden be it veggies or flowers
There is more,as I'm sure there is more about you..Maybe another time:LOL:

kadesma

sattie said:
What is a Sommelier? I know I can go look it up, but I would rather you tell me.

Basically, it's just something that says that I think I know more about wine than most people. The certificate I have is the level 2 degree. There's also an Advanced Sommelier (level 3) and Master Sommelier (final level) that only I think 120 people in the world have.

http://www.mastersommeliers.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sommelier

For my certificate, part of the exam had you blind tasting two wines, and you had to nail them both including:

Part of the World (Old or New)
Varietal
Vintage
Aroma Assessment
Taste Assessment

So basically, it would go like this. Say you were given a red wine: "This is a new world red wine, from a warm climate. Viscocity is about medium, with little rim variation. The age of the wine is 3-5 years." (You need to get this before you even sniff the wine). So then you sniff the wine. Then you would go, "Lot's of dark fruit, like blackberries and cherries. Very little oakiness or tobacco, but it does have subtle hints of vanilla. Alcohol is about medium. Very little earthiness or minerality. Some floral aromas like lilac." Then you taste the wine. So now you go, "Sugars are medium minus. Tannins are about medium, with a medium finish. Alcohol is still about medium, and there is still very little oak which means it was probably aged in either French oak or stainless steel. Lots of fruit including the blackberry and cherry that was picked up in the aroma, and the finish has hints of the vanilla, and cedar." Then you give your final conclusion: "This red wine is from the New World, in a warm climate. The grape is a Pinot Noir from the Santa Ynez Valley in California, and is probably from a vinatage between 2003 and 2001." At this point they tell you that it is a 2000 Bordeaux from Chateau Margaux in the Medoc region of France, and that you failed. :LOL:

I'm still debating on whether or not I want to keep advancing because it's very time consuming and the class times/locations are very, very limited.

1. i have a very old soul, or so i've been told many times.

2. i can rationalize just about anything, then put it into words. (not always a good thing)

3. i wish time travel were possible. not for any kind of monetary gain, or revenge, or anything that could change my life today. but just to re-live some great times in my life, and appreciate the people that were with me all over again. (particularly deceased relatives, old friends/girlfriends, etc.)

4. i believe we all come from the same place and being, and go back there/become one again. all of us. period.

5. lol. i love food, and especially like the way it brings people together. i don't think that it is just a coincidence. see #4.

ironchef said:
Basically, it's just something that says that I think I know more about wine than most people. The certificate I have is the level 2 degree. There's also an Advanced Sommelier (level 3) and Master Sommelier (final level) that only I think 120 people in the world have.

For my certificate, part of the exam had you blind tasting two wines, and you had to nail them both including:

Varietal
Vintage
Aroma Assessment
Taste Assessment

So basically, it would go like this. Say you were given a red wine: "This is a new world red wine, from a warm climate. Viscocity is about medium, with little rim variation. The age of the wine is 3-5 years." (You need to get this before you even sniff the wine). So then you sniff the wine. Then you would go, "Lot's of dark fruit, like blackberries and cherries. Very little oakiness or tobacco, but it does have subtle hints of vanilla. Alcohol is about medium. Very little earthiness or minerality. Some floral aromas like lilac." Then you taste the wine. So now you go, "Sugars are medium minus. Tannins are about medium, with a medium finish. Alcohol is still about medium, and there is still very little oak which means it was probably aged in either French oak or stainless steel. Lots of fruit including the blackberry and cherry that was picked up in the aroma, and the finish has hints of the vanilla, and cedar." Then you give your final conclusion: "This red wine is from the New World, in a warm climate. The grape is a Pinot Noir from the Santa Ynez Valley in California, and is probably from a vinatage between 2003 and 2001." At this point they tell you that it is a 2000 Bordeaux from Chateau Margaux in the Medoc region of France, and that you failed. :LOL:

I'm still debating on whether or not I want to keep advancing because it's very time consuming and the class times/locations are very, very limited.

Wow, I'd love to have your knowledge of wine. I'm not much of a wine drinker, but it plays a very important part in a lot of cooking, and I wish I knew more about it. Speaking of drinking, however, do you know anything about scotch?

Kelly

ironchef said:

Varietal
Vintage
Aroma Assessment
Taste Assessment

Wow, I'd love to have your knowledge of wine. I'm not much of a wine drinker, but it plays a very important part in a lot of cooking, and I wish I knew more about it. Speaking of drinking, however, do you know anything about scotch?

Kelly

KellyM said:
5. I think everyone should be required to ride a motorcycle exclusively for three years after they have legally driven a car for two. This will teach them that they are not bullet-proof, teach them to drive responsibly and defensively, and get the idiots out of the gene-pool.
Why not mount the drivers seat on the front bumper?

KellyM said:

Kelly

There's a lot of books out there about wine that are really informative and easy to read. But what it comes down to is you'll have to drink, or at least try, a lot of wine to really be able to get it. A book can tell you what kinds of characteristics a certain grape may have, but not all wines made out of that grape will taste the same.

My knowledge of scotch is just academic. I'm not a scotch drinker so I know pretty much whatever you can find on the net. Besides wine/champagne, my alcoholic beverages of choice are: beer, vodka, cognac, armagnac, bourbon, rum, chartreuse, and jaegermeister.

1. I like chuck roast better than rib roast.
2. I like pork butt better than tenderloin.
3. I value a tortilla, made well, from homemade, freshly ground masa above foie gras or caviar.
4. My favorite ice cream is homemade, custard based, vanilla.
5. My favorite wine is Dos Equis Amber.

1--i'm an obsessive weight watcher,but i can eat chocolate everyday of the month,day and night,and i forget about the calories while doing so.
2--my husband and my daughter r the 2 most beloved persons for me in the whole world.
3--i cry too much(i want to change it)
4--i'm short tempered(need to fix that too)
5--love to cook,bake and read.
there's so much more,but i'll save it for later...

1. I adore cooking, however I sincerely wish all the dirty dishes, pots and pans etc. would wash themselves without my bothering with them afterwards.

2. Since I came to Italy 3 years ago, my life has been immensely enhanced, by learning the Italian language, 101 of authentic Italian cooking, entry level information technology, braving into a deep end of sea water and snorkel, and bicycle riding (and the list is expanding constantly)... all thanks to Cris, all these things would have been impossible without him:)

3. I get along with children very well, not particularly because I know how to manage them, but rather because they tend to see me as their peer:-p

4. As much as I hate to admit I am a total sucker for sappy films/stories, my facial faucet tend to get leaky with a slightest provocation

5. I often turn many heads not with my stunning look, but a sudden burst of strident laughing in public...

Back
Top Bottom