5 y.o. kindergarten student "voted out" of his class?!?!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
What the?!?!?!?!?! What is the world coming to?

I just heard about this on CBS's morning show today. Here's a link:
5 y.o. voted out of class.

I have several children that are "special needs". This kind of behavior is totally unacceptable in a teacher, IMHO.

I can't even describe how wrong that is.
If I were a smarter person I'd homeschool.

I keep going over it and imagining the whole thing, getting sicker to my stomach the more I think about it. That poor child, and for the school only to say "they are investigating". Who in thier right mind could do such a thing to a child!

That is just sickening. Sounds like a truly incompetent teacher to me. I realize there are some kids who are more difficult than others, but this one apparently has identified problems. Seems as tho if the teacher couldn't handle him in her class, she should have taken that up with her principal.

It's terrible to let kids think it's okay to do that to another kid, and it's even worse what it apparently has done to this little one.

Appalling! :ohmy:

14 to 2!?!?

man, he musta been some p.i.t.a.

i guess there's two more kids that gotta go...

j/k.

a point being missed, i think, is what does this teach all of the kids in the class? not just the kid who was ousted.

this isn't just some small mistake by the teacher. she abused all of the kids by putting them in that position, and should be fired.

"the state attorney's office concluded the matter did not meet the criteria for emotional child abuse..."

Okay! I think the attorney general needs to be examined. NOT emotional child abuse?!! I can't imagine what the 14 classmates said about the poor boy. The article said the students told him what they didn't like about him. Oh, and, yes! We all know how cruel children can be. The poor boy has to feel crushed.

Out to the teacher, for sure. She shouldn't be allowed to teach again.

The whole story sickened me.

Hoo boy I could go on about this one. Poor kid has Aspergers and no one thought to educate his teacher and classmates about what that means? Geez! The teacher made a huge mistake, no doubt about it, but this is a classic case of non communication and not enough education on the part of the teacher AND the adminstration of the school. Poor kids. And I mean ALL the kids.

As a special education teacher reading this, it turned my stomach. The only solace is that the child has an IEP (Individualized Education Plan) in place. This will give the parents a foundation for reprecussion.

The teacher should be glad she didn't do that to MY CHILD!! I don't think she'd like LIFE too much anymore!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom