50 Things to Eat Before You Die

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Copied and pasted if I ever see one floating in the lake!

And the "Know that you cannot eat a whole whale by yourself" reminds me of the recipe for cooking an elephant - never put rabbit in your elephant stew because no one likes hare in their food. :rolleyes:

ROTFLMAO! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ok, for me, 30/50, and two possilbles. I may have actually had whale. I'll have to ask my Mom. I seem to remember, once at a grocery store, she was telling me to "not pick up that brand of hot dog; it's got whale in it." Of course, this was in Japan back in the '70's.

8 years ago, we had Ostrich at the country club. I can't remember if I tried it or not.

Heck, I've eaten stuff that hasn't made it to that list. Turtle, rabbit, venison, frog's legs, and elephant (a neighbor had a friend in the Peace Corps. The tribe that person worked with was allowed by the government of that country to slaughter 1 elephant a year for meat, which they turned into jerky.). Haven't tried snake. I can get Durian at the Asian grocerys store, but haven't gotten up the nerve to yet.

38 done here. And no way on the haggis. No way no thanks, LOL. I grew up in the country so nailed the breakfast at an early age, moved to Chicago and knocked most everything else off the list including all the seafood and the ethnic food. Gee, how hard was it to knock Chicago Deep dish off the list?? LOL.

Moreton Bay Bugs are small lobsters and are a little sweeter. Would love to try Chicago style pizza, apparently according to Rachel Ray, the second best in the country, and clam chowder, Mum and Dad were in New York last year and they said the clam chowder was scrumptious. Have tried Kangaroo sausages and meat pie, very strong beef taste, we have kangaroo products in our supermarkets here, very low in fat!

Hmm... I've had Austrailian lobster... (expensive stuff, ate it in Florida... imported fresh...)

So those would be sorta like "Austrialian crayfish"?

I don't know about 50 things to eat, but I surely do want to dine at Bern's Steak House in Tampa (along with wines from its fabulous list) before I check out! :angel::pig:

I have tried all but 6 or 7 of these. Not sure what they mean by bugs - In florida I would bug dive - but the bugs are really Florida lobster. Never had whale of any kind, guinea pig, not sure what cream tea is - Never had barramandi or durian mon-thang!!!

A crayfish is the Australian Rock Lobster. Think the claws are smaller than a "normal" lobster. Moreton Bay Bugs are kin to the lobster but you only eat the tails. Very sweet and much tastier than a cray in my opinion.

With Barramundi, a lot of people who think they have had it, haven't as it is one of the most incorrectly marketed fish going. It is regularly substituted for lesser species. And so on that basis, I think I have had it, I have certainly ordered it, but I won't say for sure that I have.

I didn't bother actually counting the bits I had tried. Some things were just too specific to be serious.

Cream tea is as said above, fresh scones, a pot of whipped cream, another pot of jam, preferably strawberry and a freshly brewed pot of tea. Nice and genteel and when done well, is a fine thing.

Bilby- Thanks for the info - I have only missed two then!!! I will say I will try about anything once - In the Dominican I even ate food that I still to this day have no idea what is was prpared with - I ate at a local only buffet and told them I would try it all but did not want to know what is was so that I would not miss anything!!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom