Did you know...
There are several hundred varieties of bananas worldwide, but the one that most of us slice on our cereal is the Cavendish. The Cavendish is favored by commercial producers for its size, flavor, and most important, resistance to disease.
• Ever wonder why bananas have no seeds? Because of natural mutations, the kind we eat don’t have any-the dark dots in the center are all that’s left. (Bananas reproduce by underground stems, or rhizomes.)
• A few forgotten banana products: banana wine, banana flour (cheaper than wheat flour), banana ketchup, banana pickles, banana vinegar, and Melzo, a powdered-banana drink mix.
1. Who flies around in a private jet named "Big Bunny"?
2. What's the name of the doll "Barbie"s horse?
3. What is the name of Dr. Brown's dog in the "Back to the Future" movies?
4. What part of your body carries the scientific name, "Hallux"?
5. In the musical, "Grease", what was the name of the ice-cream parlor hangout?
6. Which John Steinbeck novel is about Tom Joad and his family of migrant farm workers?
7. What's the Capital of Iowa?
8. Who is considered to be the "Father of the Constitution"? (hint; it ain't Jefferson!)
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The Cane toads that are invading Queensland, Australia, were introduced by man to control beetles that were destroying sugarcane crops.
1. HUGH HEFNER
2. dallas (??)
4. THE BIG TOE
5. the frosty palace (??)
6. "THE GRAPES OF WRATH"
7. DES MOINES
8. JAMES MADISON
One hundred Hawaiian Cane Toads were introduced to Brisbane in 1935. With each female laying strings of 35,000 eggs twice a year, with no known predators, they grew to more than 60,000 within 6 months. Growing as large as 10 inches and 6 pounds, cane toads are able to shoot a toxic liquid up to 3 feet. With a taste for snakes and mice, they have decimated Australian wildlife, but ironically, these picky eaters never took a liking to the beetles they were brought in to control
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !