Did You Know...
THE CLIFF-NOTES OF THE SCARLET LETTER OUTSELLS NATHANIEL HAWTHORNES NOVEL BY 3 TO 1.
1. what are the two main physical characteristics needed for an animal to fall into the "tetrapod" category?
2. according to poll results, what was the USA's most popular hobby in 2005?
3. how many grooves are there on each side of a 45 RPM recording?
4. what is the weight of a man's olympic javelin?
5. what popular product was originally called "gold medal wheat flakes"?
6. what disco hit won an oscar in 1978?
7. in the diamond market, what are the "four c's" that determine a gem's value?
8. horses are measured in "hands"...... a "hand" is roughly how many inches ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
the star-spangled banner" was written to the tune of a popular (at the time) drinking song.
1. FOUR APPENDAGES AND A BACKBONE
2. vegetable gardening
4. 1.8 pounds
6. "last dance"
7. CLARITY, CUT, COLOR, CARAT
8. four inches
the tune is attributed to john stafford smith's "to anacreon in heav'n".
anacreon was a classical greek poet who wrote of love and wine. francis scott key set his lyrics to the popular pub tune to commemorate the defense of ft. McHenry during the war of 1812.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !