9-year-old girl gives birth in Brazil, a pregnancy youngest on record

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and just a few days ago a news article about the oldest woman (59) to give birth to twins. BTW, she also had an 18 month old.

Thats just so sad. I know of a girl in my hometown that had a baby in the 5th grade. This happened just last year. It amazes me how young girls are having babies now. But a lot of girls are starting their periods a lot earlier than my friends and I did. Heck I was 16 and my friends girls are starting as early as 11 and 12 now.

Now for the oldest.......if you think about it....it wasn't uncommon many years ago for women to have children in their 50's. Through my family research I've found numerous woman that had children in their late 40's and early 50's. Needed those kids to help out on the farms :) .

Last edited:
They called those change of life babies, Sizzlin. One of my great-grams had a baby when she was 53. Surprise, surprise!
A lot of girls also got married when they were 13-14 back then.

But 9 years old is unreal. That's a third grader!

My grandmother was born in 1900 and when she married at 22 her mother gave birth to her last child. It was her 10th and last. They needed all the help they could get to pick cotton on their Texas farm and according to my Grandma "that sure was hard work". The "baby" is now a spry 84 year old still walking daily and going strong.

I think I read somewhere that another cause of girls getting their period at younger ages has to do with the fact that people are exposed to light (because of indoor lighting) more hours per day than years ago.

A woman in England had a baby last week and she was in her 60s, 63 i think. I wouldn't have the energy! I worry about being too old at 39.

9 yrs old is just waaaaaaaaaay to young to have a baby. She's still a baby herself. As for me I "blossomed" very young myself. I was 9 when I got my period. And my parents weren't afraid to be parents back then either. If I came home 9-10 yrs old and pregnant my father would have killed me. Heck I was 22 when I got pregnant and I was scared to death to tell him. I had my sister do it.

Last edited:
LOL! Oh good. I think you might have been some kind of medical experiment had it happened when you were still wearing diapers!

:) Sizz I was 15 when I turned but the young girls in America are getting younger and younger I believe its all the growth hormones they are getting in milk,meats,etc that we buy.I also believe those same hormones and junk we get in our foods is causing alot of the breast cancers here in America.

Last edited:
jpmcgrew said:
:) Sizz I was 15 when I turned but the young girls in America are getting younger and younger I believe its all the growth hormones they are getting in milk,meats,etc that we buy.I also believe those same hormones and junk we get in our foods is causing alot of the breast cancers here in America.

Oh I believe a lot of the additives in our foods def. play a part in our growth. I still blame my kids heights (tall) on the herbicides the farmers use.....:LOL: . Sure as heck didn't get it from my family or their dads.

May have been the relult of rape? Does someone actually think she choosingly had sex with another nine-year-old or something?
That is so incredibly sad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom