A 32 ounce bottle of Hellmann's Mayo has dropped down to...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
30 ounces. I saw this at the grocery store today. The bottle in my refrigerator is 32 ounces.

That is stealth inflation folks.

In stealth inflation at a grocery store the price of the product stays at the same price, but you get less of a product.

Stealth inflation occurs on a phone bill when they add on an extra fee or raise a fee hoping that you do not see the increase.

Everything went up in price. Olive oil I used to buy is now 18 bucks, used to be $14, mineral water used to be 2 (6 pack) for $3.00, now it's on "Sale" for $2.09 for one pack, and list goes on. The only thing that doesn't go up is salary.

Ishbel said:
Sadly, it's not just the American way, Wasabi... happens here too!

that's what I thought when I read this...
mostly it's easier to do it that way.. just change the package and hope nobody notices....

kleenex said:
30 ounces. I saw this at the grocery store today. The bottle in my refrigerator is 32 ounces.

That is stealth inflation folks.

A 30-32 oz jar of mayo would last me an eternity. More importantly, why did the Hershey bar shrink and cost more!

mish said:
A 30-32 oz jar of mayo would last me an eternity. More importantly, why did the Hershey bar shrink and cost more!

You were nibbling at the checkout again, weren't you mish!!:LOL:

texasgirl said:
You were nibbling at the checkout again, weren't you mish!!:LOL:

Tex, I was so engrossed in the National Enquirer, couldn't help myself.:rolleyes:

Really, over time, seems like those Hershey bars got smaller & smaller.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom