A Bachelor's Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
SO retired last Friday. At least, that's what she calls it. She plans on still working part-time locally at a low stress job.

As a celebration of her retirement, she is taking a vacation. She's leaving for Florida on Sunday where she and her daughter will be having quality time together celebrating her retirement and her pending 65th birthday. They are going on a cruise, visiting Universal and relaxing until the end of the month.

As a result, I'll be alone from the 7th to the 30th. I'll miss my sweetheart but there are plusses. I have compiled a list of the foods she dislikes that I like so I can have a culinary orgy while she's gone. I probably won't get through them all but I'll have fun trying.

I'll probably have to do take-out the day before she comes home as I really should clean the house at least once.

Last edited:
SO retired last Friday. At least, that's what she calls it. She plans on still working part-time locally at a low stress job.

As a celebration of her retirement, she is taking a vacation. She's leaving for Florida on Sunday where she and her daughter will be having quality time together celebrating her retirement and her pending 65th birthday. They are going on a cruise, visiting Universal and relaxing until the end of the month.

As a result, I'll be alone from the 7th to the 30th. I'll miss my sweetheart but there are plusses. I have compiled a list of the foods she dislikes that I like so I can have a culinary orgy while she's gone. I probably won't get through them all but I'll have fun trying.

I'll probably have to do take-out the day before she comes home as I really should clean the house at least once.
:LOL:

Enjoy the foods she dislikes. I sooo understand.

About three times a year my wife has to travel for work, and often for a week or more at a time. I can relate completely to your mixed feelings.

Those are the times when I can enjoy liver and onions, mushrooms, cabbage rolls, sauerkraut, and other things to my heart's content. :yum:

congrats to so on her semi-retirement, andy.

have fun with your 3 weeks of bachelorhood. when should we send over the dancin' girls?

Aloneness can be so nice at times. Enjoy the foods you like. And don't wait until the day before SO is supposed to be home before cleaning - do it a day earlier. What would you do if she came home a day early? :ohmy: I ain't coming over to help clean! I hardly do it at home. :mrgreen:

Once we moved to MA Himself didn't travel for business anymore. I liked having him gone a week here and three days there. He really was home more than he was gone, but it was nice to cook for just me on occasion. Now he's around always. Love him lots, but love him from a distance more at times. :LOL:

Aloneness can be so nice at times. Enjoy the foods you like. And don't wait until the day before SO is supposed to be home before cleaning - do it a day earlier. What would you do if she came home a day early? :ohmy: I ain't coming over to help clean! I hardly do it at home. :mrgreen:

Once we moved to MA Himself didn't travel for business anymore. I liked having him gone a week here and three days there. He really was home more than he was gone, but it was nice to cook for just me on occasion. Now he's around always. Love him lots, but love him from a distance more at times. :LOL:

I can't agree more. DH keeps talking about retirement, I keep encouraging him to continue working, as he loves his job and his boss.

It was really nice when he and the co-worker guys went on a recent 5 day business road trip. Ahhhh.

Like PF said: don't let him retire! Don't get me wrong, I love Himself. But loving him and wanting him in my space all the time are two different things. He needs a wood shop out back. Or a computer room - out back. Heck, he can build his own observatory on the hill at the back of our lot. Just out! He's turned into the cat - every time I turn around he's "there". :wacko:

find something that he likes to do as a hobby that makes you want to have quick sex with him very often.
then let him retire. he'll build his own damn shed out back.

Sex? :huh: :unsure: :LOL: I know, TMI!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

bt, he's been home all the time since November of 2011. He turns 66 this November, at which time his SS payments will start up. That alone will make it OK to have him underfoot all the time. ;)

feet, eh? never got into that. not my cup o' tea.

rubbing, yeah, but that's what i meant about quick.

Last edited:
For some reason the saying "While the cat's away the mice will play" pop's into my head. ;)

Play away Mr. Mouse. And enjoy it while you do. :king:

Eat the forbidden fruit and throw your dirty socks wherever your heart desires. :bounce:

And don't worry about cleaning up. When the :cat: get's back it will only show her how much you need her. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom