A bar in a grocery store?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I moved to Texas I was given the following explanation regarding Northerners.

A Yankee is a person who comes south for a two week vacation and then goes home.

A Damn Yankee is a person who comes down for the "season" and then goes home.

A God Damn Yankee is a person who comes down and stays!

Sure didn't sound like any Southern Charm I had heard about. :angel:

One of DH's former co-workers said the same thing to him; we moved here from Michigan.

One of DH's former co-workers said the same thing to him; we moved here from Michigan.

Sure leaves you felling like they hate you before you even get there. Do they really think we are going to do battle with them all over for a second time? The war has been over for too many years. Let it go and move on! :angel:

Why not? A lot of the big chains here have a complete liquor section. Just leave the kids at home please. ;) I don't want you driving home with the groceries and the kids after an hour or two sitting in the bar. :angel:

Sure leaves you felling like they hate you before you even get there. Do they really think we are going to do battle with them all over for a second time? The war has been over for too many years. Let it go and move on! :angel:

Well, he was the only one who said it, so I think that says something. I've heard that New Englanders can take decades to accept newcomers ;)

Well, he was the only one who said it, so I think that says something. I've heard that New Englanders can take decades to accept newcomers ;)

It depends where you live. In the cities, we have so many immigrants. We can't speak their language and they can't speak ours. In the winter we stay huddled up inside, so we don't see folks. In this section of Boston, they have blocks parties every weekend during the summer. An invitation is always extended to everyone, if they choose not to attend, oh well.... Their loss. :angel:

When I moved to Texas I was given the following explanation regarding Northerners.

A Yankee is a person who comes south for a two week vacation and then goes home.

A Damn Yankee is a person who comes down for the "season" and then goes home.

A God Damn Yankee is a person who comes down and stays!

Sure didn't sound like any Southern Charm I had heard about. :angel:

There is no such thing as southern charm.

When i moved here from down south (FL.) everyone thought I was a yankee. I have been called yankee. When I tell them I'm from Miami, they say its the same thing. Like someone here said earlier in the thread.

In fact not long ago I was admonished at the local watering hole.
Not sure if it was the alcohol talking or the person himself, but i was certain I might have to fight.
I haven't been in a fight since grade school and that was not much of a fight.
Fortunately the proprietor asked him to leave.
This was all because he said i sounded like a yankee!

Back
Top Bottom