a bucket-thingey to go in my

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicacarr

Senior Cook
my washer does not have a gentle cycle. the apartment where i moved to would not let me bring my own washer and dryer and the one i have of theirs does not have a GENTLE cycle!!!!!!

i was talking to a neighbor of my the sever disdain i have of this washer because of the lack of gentle cycle and she told me she there is a bucket thing that is perforated with holes...like a colander has holes i guess...that goes into the washer to cover up the agitator and you can put your gentles in the bucket thingey and the water will swish around in it to wash the clothes. she does not know what it is called and i have googled to the best of my ability without knowing what it is called.

anyone know what it is called? and where i could get one. i keep meaning to call a company that sells washers but i also keep forgeting to do that.
anyhow this is a major issue in my life now! before i came here i washed nearly everything on the gentle cycle.

thanks! :)

Some washers came with these. I have and still use a washer from the eighties that has one of these. It's called a "mini" basket and was used for washing just a small item or two. The washer you use these baskets in has to have an agitator built to accept it and a cycle setting for the "mini" wash. I don't think it is more gentle, but it obviously uses less water. You still might be able to purchase this kind of washer with the mini basket, but I doubt that's the route you want to go.

Yes, some washers come with them. But the real answer is net bags, which can be purchased in several sizes. You just zip your delicates in the bag and they come out just fine

Yes, some washers come with them. But the real answer is net bags, which can be purchased in several sizes. You just zip your delicates in the bag and they come out just fine

^^ TNT method. I even use them with my front-loading washer that has a delicate setting.

Back
Top Bottom