A curious observation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's always been a picky eater. Won't eat any vegetables, other than canned beans or corn.

My mother died from heart disease (made worse by diabetes) at a relatively young age. My dad, who smoked like a chimney and was perpetually overweight, passed away in his early seventies and was always in poor health. Neither of them ate particularly well. Large slabs of meat and lots of butter were on the dinner table most nights.

This is why I am a little uptight and anal when it comes to food. I don't want to end up like my parents, unable to enjoy life because of health problems.

steve,
take care of you!!! You can't just tell someone else how and what to eat and why. They won't listen, don't you know they know better than YOU???
I have a son like that and he is now batteling diabetes. I have it but try very hard to eat right, but you know sometimes that doesn't stop you from getting problems. I know I'm living that horror now. Just tke care of YOU and let's hope only the best comes your way.
kades

I think my diet is pretty Meat-Centric. And I eat way more pasta/ rice/ potatoes/ bread than my body needs. Although the other half of my plate usually has a veggie or a salad or both. So Maybe my diet is ok. I don't have any health issues. I buy some foods at the local food co-op, probably not nearly enough. It's a bit more expensive. Always make a grocery list before shopping, and Try to stay in the outside aisles only. The inner aisles are where all the junk and pre-prepared items are located. * I think it's okay to shop the Ice Cream aisle ...:ermm: once in awhile:angel:.

People buying junk food at gas stations keep gas stations stay in business. Gas stations don't make money selling gas. :)
Sure they do (make money) although the refiners, distributors and for that matter the tax man makes more than the gas station operator. I understand they make a few cents per gallon profit. That's few as in significantly less than a dime. Perhaps (guessing) about 1 percent of the retail price. I'll admit that's a pretty low profit margin. I guess they make it up in volume. :)

Gas stations make money on things other than gasoline because people are lazy. I don't blame the businesses for maximizing their profits. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy overpriced food that is bad for you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom