A day in the life of you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, first a typical summer day:

10:55 a.m.: Get up, go to the bathroom, brush teeth, throw a shirt and pants on. Take medicine.

11:00: Turn on The Price is Right and the computer. Get something for breakfast. Check out my class (taking Master's Degree classes online), DC, email, bank account, and any number of things on the computer.

12:00: Change TV to UPN for all the judge shows I have become addicted to this summer. Do a little research for class. Do a little housework (as little as possible! lol) Goof around on the computer.

2:00ish: Play with dog. Get mail. Throw most of it away and groan about the rest. :mrgreen:

6:00: Fix supper

The rest of the evening: Continue to goof around on the computer, watch TV, play with the kitties.

Anywhere from 2:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.: Go to bed.

Typical work day:

6:30: Get up, go to the bathroom, and take shower.

7:00: Comb hair out, brush teeth, throw clothes and shoes on. Take medicine, run out door and jump into the car. Drive about 6 miles to work.

7:30: Begin letting kids into classroom. Greet the kids, take attendance, collect any monies.

8:00-8:20: Class meeting. Discuss events of the day, what is going on in our lives, etc.

8:20-9:20: Teach Math

9:20-9:50: SSR (Self-selected reading), Reading conferencing, Literature Circles

9:50-11:00: Writing Workshop/Writing Mini-Lessons/Writing conferencing.

11:00-11:30: Small Groups--Guided Reading instruction

11:35-12:10: Lunch

12:10-12:30: Recess (duty most days)

12:35-1:25: Kids go to specials, my planning time

1:30-2:30: Teach Science/Social Studies

2:30-3:00: Car or bus duty

3:10: Can go home (unless there is a meeting), but usually don't.

4:00: Get the mail, play with the dog

4:15: Turn on computer and TV. Check out DC, email, and class. Work on any papers that are due. Do a little housework.

6:00: Fix supper

The rest of the evening: Do lesson plans, goof around on computer, watch TV, play with kitties, make goo-goo eyes at Maidrite!

Anywhere from 1:00 to 2:00 a.m.: Go to bed.

:) Barbara

Last edited:
What a great day today.. I hope it is the same for everyone.... Suddenly I was happy.. All the family is together.. BBQ in the garden and I cook rice , my sister prepare some salad.... :)) That makes me happy!!! I just wanted to share with you :)

msalper said:
What a great day today.. I hope it is the same for everyone.... Suddenly I was happy.. All the family is together.. BBQ in the garden and I cook rice , my sister prepare some salad.... :)) That makes me happy!!! I just wanted to share with you :)
That makes me happy too! I'm glad you are having such a great day.

:) Barbara

i'm happy for you, too, msalper. nothing can put a smile on your face quicker than hearing someone else is having a great day.:)

During the summer: Up at 5:30am and check the radar, praying that it's going to storm all day and I get to go back to bed. Not once this year so far! Work starts at 6am, make coffee for the coffee drinkers and sit around watching the morning news for half an hour while the superintendant drives around the course trying to decide what he wants us to do. General maintenance is usually the business of the day, cutting greens, tees, fairways, etc. Usually completed by 10am. After that it's usally a mish mash of detail work but since I'm third on the totem pole, I get to do the easy (lazy) stuff. Work day ends anywhere between 2pm and 4pm. Come home, shower then it's off to my buddy's place to brainstorm and work on the boat. Creativity is usually enhanced by a beer or three. Home by 7pm or 8pm. Stop in here for a few to check on y'all but too tired to type. Check the news and off to bed. Repeat, over and over and over. Today is the exception, I got off early and just want to sit in the A/C. 92F outside, too hot to do anything!

My favorite quote from Caddyshack:

Carl: "People think I'm an idiot or something because I cut lawns for a living."

Ty: "No one says that about you, as far as you know." :LOL:

During the winter: Sleep in and hang out here all day!

P.S. No pics yet GB but there will be plenty this weekend. Taking out the deck and transom! I'll photo document the ineptitude of our bumbling ways! :LOL:

Last edited:
Well I haven't been as active as usual due to a female problem. I've had to quit my job for a couple of months and I'm supposed to go in for surgery sometime this month. But here is what I did today.

I got out of bed at 8 am. I fixed the hubby and grandsons breakfast (cereal. toast and orange juice). For me, I had my usual cup of black coffee and sat and talked with hubby for a while.

I got up and washed the breakfast dishes and ran the vacuume through the house and made all the beds. Oh I almost forgot that I did the laundry and went to the grocery store.

For lunch I fixed hubby and the grandsons some BBQ'ed ribs with mashed potatoes and corn and I sat down to a relaxing drink of vodka and white grapefruit juice.

The grandsons wanted me to play with them for a while so together we spent about 2 hours pushing little hot wheels around on the bedroom carpet. VROOOOOOOOOOOOM!. I guess I had fun. :LOL:

Anyway before having to get supper started hubby wanted a little attention. :LOL: Another drink. Only this time it's a vodka and grapefruit juice and a budweiser.

Well supper time rolled around but I figured before I got started I needed another vodka and grapefruit juice and another budweiser.

Time to fix supper. :ROFLMAO: Ok! never mind supper did get fixed. Supper turned out to be: Meatloaf with macaroni and cheese and green peas.

I guess the rest of the night is mine. But first I think I'll play here a few minutes. :)

tweedee said:
Well I haven't been as active as usual due to a female problem. I've had to quit my job for a couple of months and I'm supposed to go in for surgery sometime this month. But here is what I did today.

I got out of bed at 8 am. I fixed the hubby and grandsons breakfast (cereal. toast and orange juice). For me, I had my usual cup of black coffee and sat and talked with hubby for a while.

I got up and washed the breakfast dishes and ran the vacuume through the house and made all the beds. Oh I almost forgot that I did the laundry and went to the grocery store.

For lunch I fixed hubby and the grandsons some BBQ'ed ribs with mashed potatoes and corn and I sat down to a relaxing drink of vodka and white grapefruit juice.

The grandsons wanted me to play with them for a while so together we spent about 2 hours pushing little hot wheels around on the bedroom carpet. VROOOOOOOOOOOOM!. I guess I had fun. :LOL:

Anyway before having to get supper started hubby wanted a little attention. :LOL: Another drink. Only this time it's a vodka and grapefruit juice and a budweiser.

Well supper time rolled around but I figured before I got started I needed another vodka and grapefruit juice and another budweiser.

Time to fix supper. :ROFLMAO: Ok! never mind supper did get fixed. Supper turned out to be: Meatloaf with macaroni and cheese and green peas.

I guess the rest of the night is mine. But first I think I'll play here a few minutes. :)
So you got to VaRooooom today too HUH?:ROFLMAO: Me too, only my varoom was Ethan, what does the pig say oink oink, Ethan, what does the cow say moooo mooo, Ethan, no don't chase the dog, what does the doggie say bow wow, Ethan, give Ma your shoe to put back on, this after work and picking up the other grandson from pre-school...YUP and I even got the blt's done on time:ROFLMAO: DH was most grateful, he said I cold come play here and he would pick up the kitchen tonight yahooooo
kadesma:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom