A food you dislike

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Parmesan (smells like barf and tastes like it)
Black licorice
Hearts
Livers
Lungs
Stomachs
Brains
etc. You get the idea.

I'm sure I'll add more later. Just have to get the ideas pumping! I tend to "push out" any bad foods I eat out of my mind.. LOL

Eggs. Doesn't matter if they are boiled, over easy, fried, scrambled, yolks only, whites only, sunny side up, or any other way.

I like mostly everything.

Except liver. ick.

Do they still even sell that stuff?

Guess I'm in the minority. I'm a "liver lover." Except for our youngest son, I'm the only one in the family who likes it.

When Ryan was in high school and everyone else in the family had outside commitments at dinnertime, he'd come to me and ask, "Mom, can you and we have liver and onions tonight?" Didn't have to ask me twice.

As far as other "dislike" foods, I can't really bring anything to mind. Don't particularly care for Brussels sprouts, but I really want to try some ultra-fresh ones that haven't been cooked to death. As a child, I never bought the "they're only little cabbages" line and I've always like cabbage in any form.

I've discovered that, as I age, my tastes change. I used to actively dislike asparagus then, all of a sudden, a friend prepared an asparagus dish (using canned, of all things) and I loved it. Ever since then, asparagus and I have been good friends.

All boils down to I like most everything...so far.

i'm right there with several of ya: organ meats of any kind do not cross these lips. i know what that stuff is for, and i'm NOT eating it. the rare exception is made for very small quantities of very high quality pate.

also, though i *love* cold-pressed EVOO, with a full rich flavor, i despise olives. weird, huh?

Barbara.....
I'm starting to believe the L. is for LUCKY!!!!

Cilantro, except in salsa. All the TV chefs seem to throw it in everything but ice cream, and I'm afraid that may be next. I can't get used to that musty taste. Yuck.

Guess I'm in the minority. I'm a "liver lover." Except for our youngest son, I'm the only one in the family who likes it.

When Ryan was in high school and everyone else in the family had outside commitments at dinnertime, he'd come to me and ask, "Mom, can you and we have liver and onions tonight?" Didn't have to ask me twice.

As far as other "dislike" foods, I can't really bring anything to mind. Don't particularly care for Brussels sprouts, but I really want to try some ultra-fresh ones that haven't been cooked to death. As a child, I never bought the "they're only little cabbages" line and I've always like cabbage in any form.

I've discovered that, as I age, my tastes change. I used to actively dislike asparagus then, all of a sudden, a friend prepared an asparagus dish (using canned, of all things) and I loved it. Ever since then, asparagus and I have been good friends.

All boils down to I like most everything...so far.

Looks like we are in the minority! I love love love love liver! Liver and onions, with or without bacon is good too, you name it love it! DW and I used to go to a Bonanza in Iowa City when we were in college that would serve chicken gizzards and liver & onions and we would just pig out on em!

My foods I can't stand: Spinach (but I force myself to eat it if it is in Pizza or as cream spinach), and Cilantro. I do not like Cilantro but can tolerate it if it is used in very small doses.

Looks like we are in the minority! I love love love love liver! Liver and onions...
I'll join that minority! I love calves liver and onions. Truthfully though, I don't trust a restaurant to cook it right. My mom did a great job with it, and I make mine like hers, but I won't eat it at a restaurant.

:) Barbara

I really like liver too!

sauerkraut can't smell it, look at it..or even be in the same room with it with out
getting sick! YUCK!!!!!

Sauerkraut is OK, but I am no big fan of it. If given the choice between that or caramelized onions and green peppers on a Polish sausage, I will go with the onions every time.

not too many foods on my "can't eat, yuuuuuuck" list, but the one that came immediately to mind when I saw this thread title was rutabaga! :wacko:

ps: I love liver! (and sauerkraut's okay, too...)

Last edited:
One of these days I am going to have to try a rutabaga just to see what all the fuss is about. I haven't as of yet because I thought someone said they were a cross between beets and something else, and I don't care much for beets. Don't hate them though.

And I actually meant sauerkraut on a Bratwurst not a Polish, although I guess it can go on both. I still prefer smothered in caramelized onions.

Back
Top Bottom