A food you dislike

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have never had slimy mussels, but I have had over cooked rubbery ones, almost ruined my love of em. So rubbery stuff along with slimy stuff, yuck!

One of these days I am going to have to try a rutabaga just to see what all the fuss is about. I haven't as of yet because I thought someone said they were a cross between beets and something else, and I don't care much for beets. Don't hate them though.

And I actually meant sauerkraut on a Bratwurst not a Polish, although I guess it can go on both. I still prefer smothered in caramelized onions.

I'd rather have caramelized onions on my Brats, too, Buddy, but my BIL's Aunt Helena makes the world's best Pierogi that are filled with sauerkraut. You would think you had died and gone to heaven! Unfortunately she left Chicago Heights and moved to Atlanta, and I believe she retired from pierogi making, even at Christmastime. :(

I'd rather have caramelized onions on my Brats, too, Buddy, but my BIL's Aunt Helena makes the world's best Pierogi that are filled with sauerkraut. You would think you had died and gone to heaven! Unfortunately she left Chicago Heights and moved to Atlanta, and I believe she retired from pierogi making, even at Christmastime. :(

Awww man Chicago Heights is not that far away from us and easy to get to, coulda popped in on her sometime! Course, we would have to make sure she knew who I was or that might end up going off not so well, LOL.
"who are you and what do you want me to cook for you??!!"

Course, I do have a cousin in Atlanta as does DW..... Hmmm.... Does she respond well to bribes?? LOL.

Any kind of organ meat - liver is the one thing my mom could never make me eat as a kid - I would sit at that table all night long - luckily she gave up after a couple of times . . .

i finally saw andrew zimmern spit something out in disgust!

he was in china and had stinky tofu with 1000 year old eggs. he made a face and spit it out into a napkin. i've never seen that before! he eats, and incredibly, enjoys everything.

everything except for stinky tofu.

about the only thing i won't eat are eyeballs.

Cilantro, except in salsa. All the TV chefs seem to throw it in everything but ice cream, and I'm afraid that may be next. I can't get used to that musty taste. Yuck.

Ditto. DW loves the stuff. I try....I really try to acquire the taste, but can't.

Saph, about the parmesan - if you're buying the Kraft stuff in the little can, yes it smells and tastes like puke. There's some chemical in it that does that. But fresh parmesan is probobly the most perfect and versatile ingredient.

I really could not think of a food... but MILK is on my list.

I only cook with it, but apart from that, I can't drink it, and I can't stand to watch someone else drink it. And I can't stand those darn 'Got Milk' ads where they have the milk-stach!!! Makes me queasy!!!

But on the flip side of that... I can drink buttermilk....

Cilantro, except in salsa. All the TV chefs seem to throw it in everything but ice cream, and I'm afraid that may be next. I can't get used to that musty taste. Yuck.

Bobby Flay says, don't eat cilantro by itself - it needs friends to taste good :LOL:

I'll go with the organ meats crowd. My mom occasionally made it for my dad when I was growing up - can't stand the smell or the taste. I don't think I've tried any others - can't imagine they're much different.

i finally saw andrew zimmern spit something out in disgust!

he was in china and had stinky tofu with 1000 year old eggs. he made a face and spit it out into a napkin. i've never seen that before! he eats, and incredibly, enjoys everything.

everything except for stinky tofu.

about the only thing i won't eat are eyeballs.

There was also an episode where he tried a very strange fruit that he said upfront he could never eat in the past. He wasn't able to eat it that time either, LOL.
I can't remember the fruit, but it was whiteish and they said it had a bad smell and weird texture to it.

Back
Top Bottom