A Fun Catalog!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you want to get really expensive they'll sell you an old fashioned wood stove just like my great aunt Ada had... hers was dark green enamel and had the well for hot water on the side. And she lived in Pennsylvania, in PA Dutch country, so it sort of fits with the Lehman's thing.;)

I wish I had her recipe for ruhbarb pie... she had a kitchen garden would cool the pies on her open double dutch doors after baking them in her wood oven. She never would let the family install an electric or gas stove... cooked on that wood oven up until the day she died.

I have ordered lots of the "granny ware", use it on the stove and in the oven and on the grill. Great stuff!

Fraidy

Last edited:
I went to their store when we were on the road. It is just marvelous. They clear the parking lot for horses and buggies one day a week so that the Amish community have a place to park. The stoves are gorgeous (and pricey!), but you can find everything from pedal sewing machines (yes, they are still made) to books to .... well, you name it.

Claire said:
I went to their store when we were on the road. It is just marvelous. They clear the parking lot for horses and buggies one day a week so that the Amish community have a place to park. The stoves are gorgeous (and pricey!), but you can find everything from pedal sewing machines (yes, they are still made) to books to .... well, you name it.

My Grandmother had one one of the old Singer pedal sewing machines in her basement in Ohio, went to a cousin whom I've never met.

Grandma Mac taught me to embroider and she hand stitched together in a matter of minutes! a dress out of a rag bag for my Barbi doll in the 1960's. Oh, I think I'll post her potato soup recipe. Dad (who is now 82) recalls it fondly and I finally managed to re-create it for him since his mother never left a real recipe.

Fraidy

Back
Top Bottom