A gunman in an Amish school house.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
WHY?????
I don't understand this at all!! He said it's for revenge to something that happened 20 years ago!
I met an Amish family years ago at a friends family reunion. They were the nicest people I have ever met. They are the kind of people that never meet a stranger. Why would anyone want to hurt these people, especially children!!!!

AAARRRRGGGHHHH:angry:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/02/amish.shooting/index.html

Because it's a sick sick world and this guy is one of the sickest.

Let's all hug each other and say an extra prayer or two tonight.

I most definately will!!There is still 8 kids in critical condition. They will need all the prayers that they can get.

I am sickened by this. Beautiful day off, watching the news in the early afternoon...and I see this.

The world's gone mad. I yearn for understanding yet find none. Families torn apart, horror by the plateful. Babies dying in terror. There is no method to this madness, this is just madness.

The Amish are a people tightly woven in their faith. While they may never find answers, they will surely seek and receive comfort.

Senseless. All I have regarding this are questions and dispair.

Sad isn't it ? He's a sick man. Just like Texas pointed out, they are the nicest people I have ever met in my life too. I will be sending many thoughts and prayers out to these families as well as the whole Amish community.

I saw this on the news tonight too. I used to live in Pa. not far from the amish community, and it always amazed me how self-sufficient, and peaceful these people were/and are. What a beautiful site to see their horse and buggies, families dressed in black and white, just going about their business.

I suppose this particular man has a problem with children, and particularly girls since he let the boys go and adult men as well. I dont think he has any connection to the amish community, but I suppose more details will come out as time goes by. I hope the 8 people in critical condition survive. Very sad about the young girls he shot and killed. :(

...it had nothing to do with the Amish community - apparently he just saw the school and figured it would be an easy target. It's very sad and I hope we are told in more detail what his note said - I am curious as to what this revenge was. Not that it matters - but it's better than not knowing.

It's on the news right now. Again, it is implied they were just an easy target.

I will be holding those families up in prayer tonight.

???????What happened? I was at work and didn't hear anything. I have been so fascinated with the Amish for many years......I just love their simple life and how they are so tight and take care of one another. My friends think I'm crazy but I don't care.
I'll send prayers up.

Never mind I just read the report............unbelievable.....how terribly sad.

Last edited:
A person bent on doing harm will find a place to do the dirty work - even to people who are so peaceful and do only good in their lives. I really feel for this community and certainly for the ones who have lost little girls, also for the ones who survive and relive the horror of such a terrible thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom