A little prayer, please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
There are 2 people in my life that I would like to ask for some thought and prayer.
My husbands grandmother is in the hospital and facing surgery for a lacerted colon. She is 87 years old and one choice could kill her, not sure on the exact surgery, was told about this from MIL. The other is colonectomy and having a colostomy bag for the rest of her life. Not a dignified choice for a dainty belle that she is.

The other person is my niece who was just given a negative result on her pap smear. She has an abnormal squamas cell and has to go back in 3 months to get another. I know people have these happen and it be a fluke, but, would like her to have some prayer also. She is 32 and has 3 small kiddos. I don't understand waiting 3 months. Does anyone else know why she has to wait?

Prayers from here too. The reason you need to wait a few months is because it is fairly common to get a weird reaction like that if there has been any kind of inflammation in that region. PM me if you want specifics. Here is a link to a good site with a lot of that info for you.

texasgirl said:
There are 2 people in my life that I would like to ask for some thought and prayer.
My husbands grandmother is in the hospital and facing surgery for a lacerted colon. She is 87 years old and one choice could kill her, not sure on the exact surgery, was told about this from MIL. The other is colonectomy and having a colostomy bag for the rest of her life. Not a dignified choice for a dainty belle that she is.

The other person is my niece who was just given a negative result on her pap smear. She has an abnormal squamas cell and has to go back in 3 months to get another. I know people have these happen and it be a fluke, but, would like her to have some prayer also. She is 32 and has 3 small kiddos. I don't understand waiting 3 months. Does anyone else know why she has to wait?
Texas,
Many prayers for gramma and whatever needs to be done, prayers that it works and she is able to live with it in peace.
Your niece, they do a 3 month check to keep an eye on things, see if there is change, what the readings are..I know you are scared, my youngest had this happen and the doc had here in there every 3 months for 3 times then again 6 onths later and again 6 montsh later..The last test was clear and she was fine and we now have Ethan and Olivia, but let me tell you, every re-check, we both were tied up in knots til the results came back...Your niece has my prayers too and for all of you..
kadesma

img_419403_0_dbc8443652d960169b193178801e0d25.gif
img_419403_0_dbc8443652d960169b193178801e0d25.gif

We will keep them both in our prayers along with your family.

~ Raven ~

Thanks everyone!!!!
Thanks for the link Alix. Will check it out!!
That link was very helpful, thanks again!!

Last edited:
:) I used to get negatives all the time in my 20s I was scared to death at first but I also had to wait 3 months each time now I know better no need to panic at all they are making her wait to give it chance to clear up.The last one I ever had the nurse told me to up my folic acid intake never had a problem since.Cant remember how much the dosage was.

Thoughts and prayers for your husbands grandmother and your niece. I know it is hard to watch them go through this. Bless you all.

Most def. will send prayers up. And you are correct to say that its not that uncommon....I too have faced this and can understand her fear even though you know its more than likely the results will be normal next time.....after all we're all human.

Did your husbands Gma have a blockage that caused the laceration in the colon??

but somehow it's so much harder and more heart rending when it's someone you love and you feel so helpless. This wonderful family of DC'ers has you in a very caring embrace.:) It is heart warming to read all their messages to you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom