A new life for puppy mill dogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are horrid places. It's to the p oint I don't even want to get a pet unless it's from the A.P.L. or some place similar.

It's a very sad state of affairs and one that saddens me. I've been a lifelong pet owner and these "mills" should be purged from the world. Unfortunately, that is a near impossibility.

I've always gotten my pets from friends or from a local animal shelter. Or, they've just appeared on my porch with their little tin cups. We've loved them all unconditionally.

It is sad sad sad when animals are treated as nothing more than a means to line your pocket. I absolutely despise the puppy mill concept and the mistreatment that these animals suffer as a result of it. It breaks my heart to see some of God's most wonderful creations misused and abused for profit!

However I am thankful for non-profit groups and private shelters who take on and rescue these beautiful animals and give them a second chance at having a life worthy of the love that they show!

sattie said:
It is sad sad sad when animals are treated as nothing more than a means to line your pocket. I absolutely despise the puppy mill concept and the mistreatment that these animals suffer as a result of it. It breaks my heart to see some of God's most wonderful creations misused and abused for profit!

I agree sattie! Which is why I never have and never will purchase a dog or cat from a breeder, even a "reputable" one. How anyone can spend money like that while perfectly GREAT animals are being put down in shelters is beyond me. I am all about the mutts! I love my two little terrier-chiuhahua-monkey (we don't know for sure what else is in the mix, but I think it's monkey, lol!) dogs, they are the best!

I would never buy a dog from a breeder either, but so many friends including my sister have. They were local breeders, they have seen their properties where the dogs are raised etc, but... I still can't do it. Too many sweet pets need homes, just like my doggy! I rescued her when she was 6 months old and she has been the best dog I have ever had!

Thanks for the replies and I hope more people read that article so we can be aware of these mills.

You should have seen my Chloe when I rescued her from the pound. She was about 8 weeks old, and a pretty little thing, but was so infested with fleas that she had big white sticky nests of flea eggs stuck to her skin. I've never seen anything like it! I really believe she would have died from the fleas if we hadn't gotten ahold of her.
I sprayed her before I ever brought her in the house, which killed part of the fleas. Then we gave her a flea bath. But that was just the beginning. I had to go over her with a fine tooth comb and my fingernails to get rid of all the eggs. Her little body had to have been sore, but she didn't fuss a bit. I guess it felt good. I used peroxide on all the raw places, and she healed up quickly.

Attachments

• Chloe smaller.jpeg
    Chloe smaller.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 178
Connie... great job and blessings to you for taking the time to care, it looks like it all paid off nicely and now you have a companion for life!!!!

Thanks foodstorm, one of my best friends is a breeder, but she is far different than anyone I have ever known as a breeder. But as you stated, there are way to many other needy pets that need homes and a chance at a good life and loving family. My boy Boots was a rescue!!! And now that we have him, I can't even imagine why anyone would ever part with the little guy!!!

img_450056_0_7012e96cd1bf3e97b7a595c152286d5f.jpg

Boots is the red dog.. Binks is the black and tan, and oh what a toot that one is!!!!

thank you

Thanks for sharing a picture of your precious dog. How that makes my day to see this. A dog that is happy and wanting to do just as her master says. I love dogs. Any kind of dog. Used to worry about pit bulls but even they are lovable. If they are given love they re turn it.

About puppy mills, I think it is something that is too hard to control. Those type of scum will always be w/us.

Just saw show called Nightline and showed how sheriff's deputies were shooting dogs that belonged to people who had to leave them when Katrina was there. They all were loved at one time and these guys looked like they had target practice w/them. Found 33 dogs in one place.

I don't get why God allows these people to breathe! If people don't like dogs do they have to abuse or kill them? Isn't there some kind of law against this? I know they put one guy in jail for period of 3 years for killing his dog.

Hope your Chloe lives long and happy life and makes each day worth while to get up in the morning. Always in good mood.

Ohhhh! Your puppies are sooo cute!!!!!!

I just love the doggies!!!!

I'll post a picture of my Raisin doggy in a bit.

Redkitty, Raisin is a fine looking dog! I love the big ones!

My Chloe just turned four years old, and I don't think any dog could ask for a better life. It's been hot today, and after her mid-day run outside, she came in and, and after a long drink, she flopped down next to the air-conditioning vent to cool off.
She is my dear companion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom