A New Look For Me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like it short..men are weird when it comes to long hair. They don't have to take care of it. If DH had your long hair and had to spend the time you did to care for it..he would have shaved it all off a long time ago. I think that you look younger and beautiful..tell him that long hair isn't what counts in life..his love for you does and he would love you still if for some reason your hair all fell out. This does happen to some ladies and their families love them...not their hair! This happened to a good Friend of mine..

Who's that stranger in the house? Keep that new hair cut and styled and you will grow into it too! I know how it feels to go from long to short. It'll grow at least an inch in the first week. Did you check the moon before you had it cut; some folks do. It's not like you shaved off a full beard.

crewsk, it frames your face so much better!!! Just looking at the before and after pics.....it seems that your eyes are brought out so much more!! You are a gorgeous lady and your hubby will get used to it. Many times as others have said, they do not like change and then they are afraid to say that the change is becoming because they aren't sure how to say the right thing and not hurt your feelings. I shudder to think what my hubby would do if I ever cut my hair short; it falls to the top of my thighs. When I have it trimmed ( it has been as long as just above my knees); I usually get it trimmed to just below my waist. My son-in-law would have a fit too....although I am going to look for a mohawk wig just to torture the SIL, LOL!!!! I know, I am mean but I have fun!!!

I like the short cut too Crewsk. It looks really cute on you. You said you have fine hair. A short cut can make your hair look and feel thicker.

:) Barbara

crewsk said:
OK, I'm having mixed emotions right now. I got my hair cut off Saturday, I love it for the most part, but it's a little shorter than I really wanted. Hubby refused to speak to me Saturday but he got over that, now he'll talk to me but he won't look at me a lot.:rolleyes: Needless to say he likes me with long hair. What do y'all think? I've gotten a lot of compliments on it & most people say I look younger. What woman doesn't love the hear that?:LOL: Anyway, here's the before & after. Please forgive the mess behind me, I'm in my son's room.

To me you look confident and sexy. Sure it's nice for our husbands to give their opinions, but I think his reaction was a bit over the top. He may be thinking that more guys will pay attention to you, and a bit jealous :LOL:

I like your long hair and your short hair. What works for you? I had my hair long for years. My ex liked it long, my husband likes it short, but I like it in between :LOL: I go with whatever I like. The only part I hate after having my hair cut, is tweaking it so that it does exactly the same thing as the hairdresser did! Blow drying, adding products to tame the mane, etc.

Anyway Crewsk, I love it! You look fantastic!!

Amber, long works for me because I can pull it up if I'm having a bad hair day but short works too because there are a lot less bad hair days!:LOL:

It had been about a year since I had it trimmed & even longer since I had had any real length cut off so it was a big change. When I did have any length cut off it was just even with my shoulders. I had it cut much shorter than this once before & I really hated that, it did make me look like a little boy. I swore off short hair cuts then but decided to give it a try again & just not go really short. The biggest problem I'm having with it (you can't see this in the pic) is that around the back, half of it wants to curl out & the other half wants to curl under. I'm going to have to play with it when I have some free time & see if I can get it to go either one way or the other.

Barbara, yes, it does look & feel thicker which I love!

Thanks everyone!:)

Perky! Takes at least 5 years off you. You just look different to them, that's all. They'll get used to it and your hair will grow out anyway.

I love the new look - you look young and fresh (not that you didn't before), but younger and rested:) .

I love it Crewsk! Like many have said its just a guy thing.........for some unbeknownst reason men love long hair..........some fantasy thing or something I don't know..........DH has a severe case of it for sure. You've received some wonderful compliments here and we're all friends and would never tell you we liked it if we didn't...........your getting compliments outside of the forum also...........bask in the attention girlfriend and tell DH to get over it........its just hair!

I think it looks great Crewsk! It does look sophisticated, like jkath said.

Funny, my dh actually prefers me with shorter hair. Not super short, but about your new length. It's been ages since I've had my hair cut, I think this is the longest it's ever been.

You are a very good looking woman! DH forbids me to cut my hair too....but its ok, mine is really curly and thick so the length helps me a bit. Its a man thing. I think you looked lovely in both photos, but unquestionably younger with your new cut! Your hair looks really healthy and shiny now, and you look really happy with your new look. The trick to getting DH used to it is to distract his positive attention to elsewhere, ;) and let him see how good you feel about yourself. :) You look great!

Looks great crewsk, fine thin hair always looks better shorter. One thing good tho if you decide your man just can't except it , it will grow long again.

Crewsk, you always looked beautiful but you look ab-fab with your new look!! Jkath is right, very sophisticated, and probably you can enjoy experimenting with different do's with this style.

Don't worry, it is only a human nature when they feel uncomfortable and a little strange with "changes", any type of "changes". But once your hubby get used to it, I am sure it won't take long at all, he will love it just like us!!

Ohhhh, I thinks it looks great!!! Plus I have to give you *snaps* for being brave enough to do it!!! (I secretly would like to do this myself, but always chicken out!) As others have stated, it gives you the appearance of looking younger, spirited, and vibrant!!! You look rejuvinated!! YOU GO GIRL.... WORK IT!!!

crewsk, tell your DH to get over himself. You look fantastic! It's a really stylish look! How were the kids with it? I know every time I get my hair cut, even though it's usually just an inch or so, Sofie looks at me like I've grown a second head!

I'd say the new cut is a keeper!:)

I love it! Not only do you look younger, but more sophisticated, as well. Your husband will get used to it. Men are just resistant to change.
It is your hair, after all.

sattie said:
Ohhhh, I thinks it looks great!!! Plus I have to give you *snaps* for being brave enough to do it!!! (I secretly would like to do this myself, but always chicken out!) As others have stated, it gives you the appearance of looking younger, spirited, and vibrant!!! You look rejuvinated!! YOU GO GIRL.... WORK IT!!!

img_364433_0_2b56f0297773f96386516e700b131618.gif

Back
Top Bottom