A New Look For Me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
OK, I'm having mixed emotions right now. I got my hair cut off Saturday, I love it for the most part, but it's a little shorter than I really wanted. Hubby refused to speak to me Saturday but he got over that, now he'll talk to me but he won't look at me a lot.:rolleyes: Needless to say he likes me with long hair. What do y'all think? I've gotten a lot of compliments on it & most people say I look younger. What woman doesn't love the hear that?:LOL: Anyway, here's the before & after. Please forgive the mess behind me, I'm in my son's room.

crewsk,
your short hair is darling and you look like a teenager:) I like your hair either way. Which way is easiest for you? Do you feel different with short as opposed to long hair? How do your children think you look? Just remember, in the long run of things, YOU need to please YOU!!!
kadesma:)

I love the new haircut and I definitely thinks it makes you look younger. It brightens up your face and make your eyes bigger and brighter. Hubby will get used to it, especially when he hears all the compliments you'll be getting about it. You look lovely!

Crewsk I'm in the same boat. But honestly I really do like your new look.
Like mine did your hubby will eventually get used to it then he might like
it better.

Thank you all! Kadesma, short is much easier for me, I just wash, dry, & brush it, when it was long, it took forever for me to dry it (even though I have very fine thin hair) & it tangled a lot. I feel more "grown up" with short hair too. Savannah keeps saying I look freaky & TC hasn't really said anything about it, he just keeps looking at me a grinning, I'll take that as a good thing!

i have to give u the young single guys opinion.

crewsk, u look stunning either way, you have a very pretty face!!

BUT!!!!!! there is NEVER a good excuse for a woman to cut her hair other than to save her life.

grow it back as quickly as possible...for your husbands (and every guy who surely oggles you) sake!!

short hair makes all women look like little boys....thats why TJ keeps smiling!! he thinks his mom has morphed into a big brother!! lol

Thanks Andy & mugsy! But mugsy, I'm having to laugh at what you said. We went to my parents to pick the kids up shortly after I had it cut. Mom asked dad if he liked it & he couldn't even say no, he just had to shake his head. :rolleyes:

Crewsk - your haircut becomes you. Unfortunately men associate a drastic change in style with "my woman is getting older" :rolleyes: I will have to agree with everything wasabi said! It REALLY opens up your face which is beautiful!!! Maybe you could compromise and let it come to almost your shoulders and see how it looks - with a bit of wispy bang to one side (it's the "thing" now :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Men are so strange about stuff like this!!!!

Wow, crewsk, you look beautiful. The new look also gives you a wonderful air of sophistication. You'd look dynamite in a beautiful Audrey Hepburn-like gown with some very understated diamond earrings and a pearl necklace. You look lovely.

uhhhhh, I cannot even begin to tell you how hot you look! It's tailored and sharp and you look magnificent!:clap:

kitchenelf said:
...Unfortunately men associate a drastic change in style with "my woman is getting older" ...

Men just don't like any change at all. In fact, that is the basic difference between men and women.

A woman will marry a man despite his faults, with the idea that she will change him after they are married and she is dismayed when he won't change.

A man marries a woman because he likes her just the way she is and wants her to stay that way forever. He is dismayed and befuddled when she changes.

DH will adjust to the hairstyle. It will become a non-issue.

My Mom used to tell me that men liked long hair on women because they have latent caveman tendencies. The long hair makes it easier for them to drag us back to the cave after they bash us on the head. LOL!!

Crewsk, you look wonderful both ways. I think your DH might be worried that folks will think he's a cradle robber now though. You look very young and sophisticated with the new "do". Atta girl! And think how much you will be saving on shampoo!

I definitely like the short hair and I know that it will be easier to take care of. Most men do not like changes but they will get over it.

You really look pretty and short hair is definitely in.

Haha!
My girlfriend's hair is too long though. It gives my like an extra meter and a bit to walk. Hehe

Keep a counter.
See how many young guys hit on you.

Alix said:
My Mom used to tell me that men liked long hair on women because they have latent caveman tendencies. The long hair makes it easier for them to drag us back to the cave after they bash us on the head. LOL!!

Crewsk, you look wonderful both ways. I think your DH might be worried that folks will think he's a cradle robber now though. You look very young and sophisticated with the new "do". Atta girl! And think how much you will be saving on shampoo!

He can still TRY (he'd have to cath me first then worry about me beating the crud out of him if he ever did that) to grab hold of it drag me back, only now when he lets go, he won't have a handful of hair left to get rid of!:LOL:

The funny thing about thinking he's a cradle robber is that he's younger than me.:ROFLMAO: I told him to think about how much I'd be saving on shampoo & conditioner too. He just rolled his eyes & said something about me spending what I saved on the more expensive stuff!:rolleyes:

Mudbug, I was so disgusted with my hair Saturday that I actually thought about shaving it. I'm glad I changed my mind, it's finally getting cold here & I would have frozen to death.

Gobo, getting a counter reminds me too much of that cologn commercial with Nick what's his name walking around clicking a counter every time someone looks at him & then meeting the elevator guy & his counter number is way higher.

Thanks again y'all!

Back
Top Bottom