"A Pet's 10 Commandments" - So true!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Katie, thanks for posting this.

This touched me the most:

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

I only ever lock mine up if I need to put out their food without their "help". I do put the two boys outside when they pee on the walls, but they like outside.

I loved all of the "commandments," but this one touched me: 5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

If humans heeded this, I think we'd be much better, even though we DO understand the words spoken.

LOL Katie ~ I already do that. I talk to them like they are humans all the time but I assume they totally understand me. I did the same thing with my daughter when she was a newborn, I never talked "baby talk" to her. I guess it's just me, I talk to everyone like they understand words the same way I do. Then again, I really think cats understand us. I have one I can actually get to say "hello" to me.

I have no doubt that they understand us. One of my inside kitties, Tween, "tells" me when the food dish is dangerously low. I always praise him and thank him for telling me and I can see the acknowledgment in his eyes and demeanor. They understand us.

I have to tell you, since I read this, my oldest has been next to me. She never sits on the couch with me. She's been nudging and loving me and being sweet. She's 15 years old and coming to the end of her time. It's like she's telling me "see, if you need to put me down, stay with me. I know I'm not all there anymore, but I still need love." And that's how she is. She's old and she doesn't hold her food all the time and some day, I'm going to have to make that long drive.

Okay, I'm sorry, I versed too much.

Ah, Callisto, I do know how hard this is. We had to let our girl Puff go about 8 months ago. She was 16. We held her while she moved on gently, and when it was over and we asked the vet how much we owed him, he looked at us with tears in his eyes and said "no charge for Puff." She loved him so...I hope your vet is as kind and loving.

Oh, Karen....oh, oh, oh...... Read with caution......

Along with Cali, Charlie, and Sally, Sally's two sons are our 4 month old additions. There is Pharaoh, my nearly hairless little buddy, and PUFF ~ the little cutie in my avatar ~ who is a bundle of fluffy joy. PUFF. You lost your Puff 8 months ago and my Puff joined my family 4 months ago. You can't deny how sweet that is.

Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me....
that's the most wonderful line... great....

Love all of them. I talk to my dog even though I know she's deaf as a post. But I somehow think she's getting "good vibes". She's old (15) and cocks her head as if she can hear me, but I know she cannot. I will say, though, that the "don't lock me up" part as punishment needs to be with a caveat. Most of our dogs are not good at foraging on their own, and need to be locked up when you cannot be around for them. It breaks my heart to see dogs in the summer, in a yard, with a bowl of water they upturned the first circuit on their lead, sitting there by themselves for 10+hours a day. At least locked in the house they can have access to water sources. If you are leaving a dog for double digits just about every day, consider another pet.

I like this one most. This is also true for us.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me
please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't
make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me
if you are there, because I love you so. ALWAYS!

I like this one most. This is also true for us.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me
please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't
make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me
if you are there, because I love you so. ALWAYS!
Yes.. that sentence gives a lot of true meaning...:):):):)

Back
Top Bottom