A Prayer Needed Here, Too

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear the news PA.....thoughts a prayers are with you and your family. All things happen for a reason.....granted we don't understand the reasons at the moment but one day we will. I'll pray that good things come his way quickly and that that dream job will come knocking.

We are praying for you and your husband PA. We are going through something similar so we know how hard it can be.

Barbara

OUCH! I know how it feels! All too often. Im in Tech sales and companies are either going out of business or being gobbled up. :neutral: Some of the people Ive worked with have had 5 jobs in the last 3 or 4 years! :ermm:
Dont worry though. I know its tough NOT too, but something will pop up. Its not easy looking for a new job, but give him all the emotional support you can! Keep him in a good mood. :)

PA Baker said:
Thank you everyone! I sure need your love and support right now! In a lot of ways, DH is sort of relieved--he's been miserable there for a long time. He's applying for unemployment Monday--can you believe his boss is giving him grief about it?!? (his exact words were, "You know you can avoid having to file for unemployment by just finding another job!":mad: ) We'll just keep pushing forward, what else can we do?!?

And yes, Sofie does remind us of all the good things we have. In fact today, it was a few days late, but she finally surprised me with what Nathan had been trying to teach her to say on Sunday: "Happy Mama Day!" Ahhhhh...that's when life's good!:)

PA: I know that this is not going to make you happy but the boss is right. While unemployment may look like a quick fix, it is actually a sinking hole. Displaced workers who get hooked into unemployment become unemployable. And that leads to welfare.

If he will take another job, he will be able to prove himself is a valuable asset to any company. It is summer time and there is a lot of seasonal work available. Most of it pays very well.

He also has the challenge of retraining for a different career and you might want to check into those grants. Where there is a will, there is a way.

StirBlue said:
PA: I know that this is not going to make you happy but the boss is right. While unemployment may look like a quick fix, it is actually a sinking hole. Displaced workers who get hooked into unemployment become unemployable. And that leads to welfare.

:ohmy:Excuse me! I'm 58 years old and on unemployment for the first time in my life! I was fired because of my age and because during my last 2 years of employment there I had 4 surgeries, went through 6 weeks of radiation, and in actuality only missed a total of maybe a week of work. I was out on the line helping fill sandbags after my second lumpectomy. Yup - fired for being too old and for having had cancer! And the people I worked for had the audacity to ask me for a letter of resignation so that I couldn't get unemployment! Fat chance!

Darn straight I'm taking the unemployment! Losing that job meant we had to move - lost our place to live, everything we loved for 8 years! Now I'm looking for the right situation - working on plans to go back to school this fall (culinary classes), and most importantly getting some peace and rest in my life so I can finish the healing that I was too busy working to let happen.

Not everyone goes from unemployment to welfare! That's a cruel generalization. I know quite a few people who have used unemployment to barely keep the bills paid until they find a new job.

PA there is nothing shameful in taking the unemployment. We pay into it when we are working and we are entitled to it. It doesn't equal a whole paycheck - but it puts food on the table until that new door opens! My prayers are with you;)

Back
Top Bottom