"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-01-2016, 01:48 AM   #1
Proud American

A Reunion With My Friends Here!

Tonight we shall start a new happy thread, yes?

I shall tell of my visit so I can bring all of you with me into their little home. I do believe my Lair was bigger, ha!

I shall want to hear of your news, so you must tell me of everything. Joyce just looked above my shoulder and said, "Oh, a DC reunion with Cat!" Ha! Yes!

She made me change of the name of this thread.

Tonight was such a special night! I do not know if you know of this, but Joyce is an accomplanshed musician. We had duets of her and me upon her piano, and she is the person who taught me of the guitar.

She sang one song I never heard. She said this is "Turn the Page," by Bob Seger. It is very touching of the soul! Then she sang of others I have never heard also! I must learn of these!

But there are ones I know from Mamma. I think Joyce played to Mamma for tonight. We sang also along of these.

Then there was such a special one! Joyce said of this, "This is for Nicu."

Justin used of his Irish whistle instrument, Joyce played of guitar, and she sang this song, "Amazing Grace." It was of both sad and of love and it was beautiful.

We shall have many more musical nights! It is so good to be here of this home of music!

How are you doing, my friends? This Is of my news. What is of your news? Let us share, yes?

Love,
~Cat

Old 02-01-2016, 11:29 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Tonight we shall start a new happy thread, yes?

I shall tell of my visit so I can bring all of you with me into their little home. I do believe my Lair was bigger, ha!

I shall want to hear of your news, so you must tell me of everything. Joyce just looked above my shoulder and said, "Oh, a DC reunion with Cat!" Ha! Yes!

She made me change of the name of this thread.

Tonight was such a special night! I do not know if you know of this, but Joyce is an accomplanshed musician. We had duets of her and me upon her piano, and she is the person who taught me of the guitar.

She sang one song I never heard. She said this is "Turn the Page," by Bob Seger. It is very touching of the soul! Then she sang of others I have never heard also! I must learn of these!

But there are ones I know from Mamma. I think Joyce played to Mamma for tonight. We sang also along of these.

Then there was such a special one! Joyce said of this, "This is for Nicu."

Justin used of his Irish whistle instrument, Joyce played of guitar, and she sang this song, "Amazing Grace." It was of both sad and of love and it was beautiful.

We shall have many more musical nights! It is so good to be here of this home of music!

How are you doing, my friends? This Is of my news. What is of your news? Let us share, yes?

Love,
~Cat
My news. Well I have had Pirate living with me. He has become disabled with neuropathy and crippling arthritis in his feet. He had to stop working and I have been supporting the both of us with just my meager Social Security check. He applied for Social Security Disability. It usually takes up to at least six months before they reach a decision. Then you get denied and have to file an appeal. Well, the good news! In two months they sent him a letter that he had been approved and he went in to talk to them. He applied in November. We knew he would get retro pay back to November. But not him. They went all the way back to the last day he worked. They took one look at his medical records and are wondering how was he able to even work as long as he did. So this week he will be getting a paper check for his retro time. When he told me the amount, I dang near fainted.

He has always worked. He went to work with my son-in-law when he was 15 as a carpet installer. Made really good money. Did that work for 20 years until his knees gave out on him. Common with carpet installers. So he then worked installing tile on walls and floors. Even better money. He has always worked at good paying jobs. So he will be collecting the top amount SS allows each month. Twice what my SS check is. He promised me that if I ever needed anything, to call him and he would help me. Knowing him, he will keep his promise.

So that is my good news!

Old 02-01-2016, 05:03 PM   #3
Proud American

Oh that is so very nice! I am so very happy of you and the Pirate.

I am so sorry he is of disabled, Addie. Our daughter, Anna, is also disabled but we don't have so many resources of disability in Romania. These are very limited.

I am so glad for your news! Are you well?

Love,
~Cat
Old 02-01-2016, 05:28 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
"Turn the Page," by Bob Seger is one of my favourite songs. I think it resonates with most performers.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:59 PM   #5
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
"Turn the Page," by Bob Seger is one of my favourite songs. I think it resonates with most performers.
I love that song too! It is so beautiful.

Cat, I am so glad you are back here. You are such a breath of fresh air.

Nothing much new in my life. I have been writing again which is something I wasn't able to do for 30 years. I am writing a blog and a book on people with "invisible illness" meaning things like chronic pain, emotional problems, etc. Things you don't see when you look at the person. I really feel like I have found myself again in my words.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 01:41 AM   #6
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Yes it does so very much! I had never heard of this before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I love that song too! It is so beautiful.

Cat, I am so glad you are back here. You are such a breath of fresh air.

Nothing much new in my life. I have been writing again which is something I wasn't able to do for 30 years. I am writing a blog and a book on people with "invisible illness" meaning things like chronic pain, emotional problems, etc. Things you don't see when you look at the person. I really feel like I have found myself again in my words.
Oh! This is so wonderful! Your book and your blog will help so many people of pain and emotional difficulties!

I did not know of this invisible illness when Aunty hit me and took away my dinner. Mamma had to hide my plate and give of it to me later.

Perhaps this may be of dementia? This is what Mamma says. Aunty does forget to do things and we try to help her of this. Laki helps take care of her of the days but Aunty does have one who gives of her care also.

Words will always find of the way to the heart. I am so very happy for you! Did we not discuss of weddings back of some time? I believe perhaps when I became of engaged, we spoke of this, yes?

I do understand of words! I wrote something of my Catina II and this says,

Sail well
In fair winds and foul
And never lose sight
Of the morning
For morning brings
Yet another day

Papa made this onto of a piece of wood and it stands of the wheelhouse wall above the radar.

Words do feel of the heart, yes?

Love,
~Cat
Old 02-02-2016, 12:29 PM   #7
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Oh! This is so wonderful! Your book and your blog will help so many people of pain and emotional difficulties!

I did not know of this invisible illness when Aunty hit me and took away my dinner. Mamma had to hide my plate and give of it to me later.

Perhaps this may be of dementia? This is what Mamma says. Aunty does forget to do things and we try to help her of this. Laki helps take care of her of the days but Aunty does have one who gives of her care also.

Words will always find of the way to the heart. I am so very happy for you! Did we not discuss of weddings back of some time? I believe perhaps when I became of engaged, we spoke of this, yes?

I do understand of words! I wrote something of my Catina II and this says,

Sail well
In fair winds and foul
And never lose sight
Of the morning
For morning brings
Yet another day

Papa made this onto of a piece of wood and it stands of the wheelhouse wall above the radar.

Words do feel of the heart, yes?

Love,
~Cat
Thank you for your encouraging words, Cat. Yes, words can definitely speak from the heart. Yours always do! I love the words you wrote for Catina II.

It does sound like your Aunty may have dementia. My father had it in his last years. It is sad to see people you love go through that.

My husband and I have actually been married for almost 15 years now. When you got engaged we decided to do something called "renewing vows" and have a reception because we had a very quiet wedding with none of our friends or family there. But we decided against it as my health was getting bad again. Instead, we went on an Alaskan cruise for a belated honeymoon. We did get each other new rings, though.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:43 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Oh that is so very nice! I am so very happy of you and the Pirate.

I am so sorry he is of disabled, Addie. Our daughter, Anna, is also disabled but we don't have so many resources of disability in Romania. These are very limited.

I am so glad for your news! Are you well?

Love,
~Cat
Pirate and I are going to be all right. For what seemed the longest time, we were locked in a room of darkness and couldn't find the door. Then a total stranger on the other side opened that door this week and let in the light of hope. We both are going to be fine now.

Cat have you and Carl considered bringing Anna to England or the U.S. for an evaluation and treatment? Both countries have some excellent children's hospitals. I have to commend the both of you for being so young and taking on the awesome responsibility of dedicating your love and care to this child. Like you, she is one of the fortunate children on the world. She is a very special "chosen" child.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:55 AM   #9
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Thank you for your encouraging words, Cat. Yes, words can definitely speak from the heart. Yours always do! I love the words you wrote for Catina II.

It does sound like your Aunty may have dementia. My father had it in his last years. It is sad to see people you love go through that.

My husband and I have actually been married for almost 15 years now. When you got engaged we decided to do something called "renewing vows" and have a reception because we had a very quiet wedding with none of our friends or family there. But we decided against it as my health was getting bad again. Instead, we went on an Alaskan cruise for a belated honeymoon. We did get each other new rings, though.
Oh my goodness! I am so happy to hear of this! I think I recommended a necklace, but I do remember you and I both shared of this joy!

I still remember of this; I am so happy of the rings and the cruise! May we please see of the rings? I posted ours, yes? Ha!

On this Alaskan cruise, could you stand at the rail and feel one with the ocean? Did the ocean spray hit of your face and did you breathe it all inside?

I always am so very amazed of the power and beauty of the seas. This is like as if one is not so much on the ship, it is of being lost in the beauty and the power of the sea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Pirate and I are going to be all right. For what seemed the longest time, we were locked in a room of darkness and couldn't find the door. Then a total stranger on the other side opened that door this week and let in the light of hope. We both are going to be fine now.

Cat have you and Carl considered bringing Anna to England or the U.S. for an evaluation and treatment? Both countries have some excellent children's hospitals. I have to commend the both of you for being so young and taking on the awesome responsibility of dedicating your love and care to this child. Like you, she is one of the fortunate children on the world. She is a very special "chosen" child.
Thank you so very much my Addie! I am so glad you and Pirate will be of well. We do have the best of the doctors and she is walking as of a crazy girl! Before I came of here, I was packing of my things. I needed to go to the bathroom and when the time of I came out, little Anna decided to of unpack me!

Children are so funny, yes?

Ha!

Love,
~Cat
Old 02-03-2016, 06:52 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Oh my goodness! I am so happy to hear of this! I think I recommended a necklace, but I do remember you and I both shared of this joy!

I still remember of this; I am so happy of the rings and the cruise! May we please see of the rings? I posted ours, yes? Ha!

On this Alaskan cruise, could you stand at the rail and feel one with the ocean? Did the ocean spray hit of your face and did you breathe it all inside?

I always am so very amazed of the power and beauty of the seas. This is like as if one is not so much on the ship, it is of being lost in the beauty and the power of the sea.

Thank you so very much my Addie! I am so glad you and Pirate will be of well. We do have the best of the doctors and she is walking as of a crazy girl! Before I came of here, I was packing of my things. I needed to go to the bathroom and when the time of I came out, little Anna decided to of unpack me!

Children are so funny, yes?

Ha!

Love,
~Cat
Cat, it sounds like Anna has all the love in the world a little girl could possible handle and then some. I am so glad to hear that she is walking. Before you know it she will need a new leg. They grow over night. When my daughter was in the first grade, she was going to be home for almost three weeks due to the Christmas and New Year holidays. When she got up that first morning to go back to school, all the clothing I had just bought her a couple of months earlier, just didn't fit any more. I had to keep her home that day and take her shopping all over again for new clothes.

So be prepared. She will grow like a weed. And some weeds give us beautiful flowers. Little Anna is one of the most beautiful flowers of the world.