A Reunion With My Friends Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
Tonight we shall start a new happy thread, yes?

I shall tell of my visit so I can bring all of you with me into their little home. I do believe my Lair was bigger, ha!

I shall want to hear of your news, so you must tell me of everything. Joyce just looked above my shoulder and said, "Oh, a DC reunion with Cat!" Ha! Yes!

She made me change of the name of this thread.

Tonight was such a special night! I do not know if you know of this, but Joyce is an accomplanshed musician. We had duets of her and me upon her piano, and she is the person who taught me of the guitar.

She sang one song I never heard. She said this is "Turn the Page," by Bob Seger. It is very touching of the soul! Then she sang of others I have never heard also! I must learn of these!

But there are ones I know from Mamma. I think Joyce played to Mamma for tonight. We sang also along of these.

Then there was such a special one! Joyce said of this, "This is for Nicu."

Justin used of his Irish whistle instrument, Joyce played of guitar, and she sang this song, "Amazing Grace." It was of both sad and of love and it was beautiful.

We shall have many more musical nights! It is so good to be here of this home of music!

How are you doing, my friends? This Is of my news. What is of your news? Let us share, yes?

Love,
~Cat

Tonight we shall start a new happy thread, yes?

I shall tell of my visit so I can bring all of you with me into their little home. I do believe my Lair was bigger, ha!

I shall want to hear of your news, so you must tell me of everything. Joyce just looked above my shoulder and said, "Oh, a DC reunion with Cat!" Ha! Yes!

She made me change of the name of this thread.

Tonight was such a special night! I do not know if you know of this, but Joyce is an accomplanshed musician. We had duets of her and me upon her piano, and she is the person who taught me of the guitar.

She sang one song I never heard. She said this is "Turn the Page," by Bob Seger. It is very touching of the soul! Then she sang of others I have never heard also! I must learn of these!

But there are ones I know from Mamma. I think Joyce played to Mamma for tonight. We sang also along of these.

Then there was such a special one! Joyce said of this, "This is for Nicu."

Justin used of his Irish whistle instrument, Joyce played of guitar, and she sang this song, "Amazing Grace." It was of both sad and of love and it was beautiful.

We shall have many more musical nights! It is so good to be here of this home of music!

How are you doing, my friends? This Is of my news. What is of your news? Let us share, yes?

Love,
~Cat

My news. Well I have had Pirate living with me. He has become disabled with neuropathy and crippling arthritis in his feet. He had to stop working and I have been supporting the both of us with just my meager Social Security check. He applied for Social Security Disability. It usually takes up to at least six months before they reach a decision. Then you get denied and have to file an appeal. Well, the good news! In two months they sent him a letter that he had been approved and he went in to talk to them. He applied in November. We knew he would get retro pay back to November. But not him. They went all the way back to the last day he worked. They took one look at his medical records and are wondering how was he able to even work as long as he did. So this week he will be getting a paper check for his retro time. When he told me the amount, I dang near fainted.

He has always worked. He went to work with my son-in-law when he was 15 as a carpet installer. Made really good money. Did that work for 20 years until his knees gave out on him. Common with carpet installers. So he then worked installing tile on walls and floors. Even better money. He has always worked at good paying jobs. So he will be collecting the top amount SS allows each month. Twice what my SS check is. He promised me that if I ever needed anything, to call him and he would help me. Knowing him, he will keep his promise.

So that is my good news! :angel:

Oh that is so very nice! I am so very happy of you and the Pirate.

I am so sorry he is of disabled, Addie. Our daughter, Anna, is also disabled but we don't have so many resources of disability in Romania. These are very limited.

I am so glad for your news! Are you well?

Love,
~Cat

"Turn the Page," by Bob Seger is one of my favourite songs. I think it resonates with most performers.

"Turn the Page," by Bob Seger is one of my favourite songs. I think it resonates with most performers.

I love that song too! It is so beautiful.

Cat, I am so glad you are back here. You are such a breath of fresh air.

Nothing much new in my life. I have been writing again which is something I wasn't able to do for 30 years. I am writing a blog and a book on people with "invisible illness" meaning things like chronic pain, emotional problems, etc. Things you don't see when you look at the person. I really feel like I have found myself again in my words.

Yes it does so very much! I had never heard of this before.

I love that song too! It is so beautiful.

Cat, I am so glad you are back here. You are such a breath of fresh air.

Nothing much new in my life. I have been writing again which is something I wasn't able to do for 30 years. I am writing a blog and a book on people with "invisible illness" meaning things like chronic pain, emotional problems, etc. Things you don't see when you look at the person. I really feel like I have found myself again in my words.

Oh! This is so wonderful! Your book and your blog will help so many people of pain and emotional difficulties!

I did not know of this invisible illness when Aunty hit me and took away my dinner. Mamma had to hide my plate and give of it to me later.

Perhaps this may be of dementia? This is what Mamma says. Aunty does forget to do things and we try to help her of this. Laki helps take care of her of the days but Aunty does have one who gives of her care also.

Words will always find of the way to the heart. I am so very happy for you! Did we not discuss of weddings back of some time? I believe perhaps when I became of engaged, we spoke of this, yes?

I do understand of words! I wrote something of my Catina II and this says,

Sail well
In fair winds and foul
And never lose sight
Of the morning
For morning brings
Yet another day

Papa made this onto of a piece of wood and it stands of the wheelhouse wall above the radar.

Words do feel of the heart, yes?

Love,
~Cat

Oh! This is so wonderful! Your book and your blog will help so many people of pain and emotional difficulties!

I did not know of this invisible illness when Aunty hit me and took away my dinner. Mamma had to hide my plate and give of it to me later.

Perhaps this may be of dementia? This is what Mamma says. Aunty does forget to do things and we try to help her of this. Laki helps take care of her of the days but Aunty does have one who gives of her care also.

Words will always find of the way to the heart. I am so very happy for you! Did we not discuss of weddings back of some time? I believe perhaps when I became of engaged, we spoke of this, yes?

I do understand of words! I wrote something of my Catina II and this says,

Sail well
In fair winds and foul
And never lose sight
Of the morning
For morning brings
Yet another day

Papa made this onto of a piece of wood and it stands of the wheelhouse wall above the radar.

Words do feel of the heart, yes?

Love,
~Cat
Thank you for your encouraging words, Cat. Yes, words can definitely speak from the heart. Yours always do! :) I love the words you wrote for Catina II.

It does sound like your Aunty may have dementia. My father had it in his last years. It is sad to see people you love go through that.

My husband and I have actually been married for almost 15 years now. When you got engaged we decided to do something called "renewing vows" and have a reception because we had a very quiet wedding with none of our friends or family there. But we decided against it as my health was getting bad again. Instead, we went on an Alaskan cruise for a belated honeymoon. We did get each other new rings, though.

Oh that is so very nice! I am so very happy of you and the Pirate.

I am so sorry he is of disabled, Addie. Our daughter, Anna, is also disabled but we don't have so many resources of disability in Romania. These are very limited.

I am so glad for your news! Are you well?

Love,
~Cat

Pirate and I are going to be all right. For what seemed the longest time, we were locked in a room of darkness and couldn't find the door. Then a total stranger on the other side opened that door this week and let in the light of hope. We both are going to be fine now.

Cat have you and Carl considered bringing Anna to England or the U.S. for an evaluation and treatment? Both countries have some excellent children's hospitals. I have to commend the both of you for being so young and taking on the awesome responsibility of dedicating your love and care to this child. Like you, she is one of the fortunate children on the world. She is a very special "chosen" child. :angel:

Thank you for your encouraging words, Cat. Yes, words can definitely speak from the heart. Yours always do! :) I love the words you wrote for Catina II.

It does sound like your Aunty may have dementia. My father had it in his last years. It is sad to see people you love go through that.

My husband and I have actually been married for almost 15 years now. When you got engaged we decided to do something called "renewing vows" and have a reception because we had a very quiet wedding with none of our friends or family there. But we decided against it as my health was getting bad again. Instead, we went on an Alaskan cruise for a belated honeymoon. We did get each other new rings, though.

Oh my goodness! I am so happy to hear of this! I think I recommended a necklace, but I do remember you and I both shared of this joy!

I still remember of this; I am so happy of the rings and the cruise! May we please see of the rings? I posted ours, yes? Ha!

On this Alaskan cruise, could you stand at the rail and feel one with the ocean? Did the ocean spray hit of your face and did you breathe it all inside?

I always am so very amazed of the power and beauty of the seas. This is like as if one is not so much on the ship, it is of being lost in the beauty and the power of the sea.

Pirate and I are going to be all right. For what seemed the longest time, we were locked in a room of darkness and couldn't find the door. Then a total stranger on the other side opened that door this week and let in the light of hope. We both are going to be fine now.

Cat have you and Carl considered bringing Anna to England or the U.S. for an evaluation and treatment? Both countries have some excellent children's hospitals. I have to commend the both of you for being so young and taking on the awesome responsibility of dedicating your love and care to this child. Like you, she is one of the fortunate children on the world. She is a very special "chosen" child. :angel:

Thank you so very much my Addie! I am so glad you and Pirate will be of well. We do have the best of the doctors and she is walking as of a crazy girl! Before I came of here, I was packing of my things. I needed to go to the bathroom and when the time of I came out, little Anna decided to of unpack me!

Children are so funny, yes?

Ha!

Love,
~Cat

Oh my goodness! I am so happy to hear of this! I think I recommended a necklace, but I do remember you and I both shared of this joy!

I still remember of this; I am so happy of the rings and the cruise! May we please see of the rings? I posted ours, yes? Ha!

On this Alaskan cruise, could you stand at the rail and feel one with the ocean? Did the ocean spray hit of your face and did you breathe it all inside?

I always am so very amazed of the power and beauty of the seas. This is like as if one is not so much on the ship, it is of being lost in the beauty and the power of the sea.

Thank you so very much my Addie! I am so glad you and Pirate will be of well. We do have the best of the doctors and she is walking as of a crazy girl! Before I came of here, I was packing of my things. I needed to go to the bathroom and when the time of I came out, little Anna decided to of unpack me!

Children are so funny, yes?

Ha!

Love,
~Cat

Cat, it sounds like Anna has all the love in the world a little girl could possible handle and then some. I am so glad to hear that she is walking. Before you know it she will need a new leg. They grow over night. When my daughter was in the first grade, she was going to be home for almost three weeks due to the Christmas and New Year holidays. When she got up that first morning to go back to school, all the clothing I had just bought her a couple of months earlier, just didn't fit any more. I had to keep her home that day and take her shopping all over again for new clothes.

So be prepared. She will grow like a weed. And some weeds give us beautiful flowers. Little Anna is one of the most beautiful flowers of the world. :angel:

Shrek and I are now home owners, it happened at Christmas. We have been married for 31 years now. Shrek turned 70 years old a couple weeks ago.

Other than that, we are doing well and just living life in our little town. That is all our news.

Hugs,
Your Ogress

Cat, it sounds like Anna has all the love in the world a little girl could possible handle and then some. I am so glad to hear that she is walking. Before you know it she will need a new leg. They grow over night. When my daughter was in the first grade, she was going to be home for almost three weeks due to the Christmas and New Year holidays. When she got up that first morning to go back to school, all the clothing I had just bought her a couple of months earlier, just didn't fit any more. I had to keep her home that day and take her shopping all over again for new clothes.

So be prepared. She will grow like a weed. And some weeds give us beautiful flowers. Little Anna is one of the most beautiful flowers of the world. :angel:

Oh yes! Ha! Joyce and I spoke of this today of how she is growing. Joyce suggested of putting bricks upon her head to keep her from growing so very much. I very nicely told her that was of a very silly idea.

Then Justin said, "It worked on you, didn't it?"

Ha! He said that because I am quite short! Mamma has not laughed so much since Uncle Nicu passed while we are here!

Shrek and I are now home owners, it happened at Christmas. We have been married for 31 years now. Shrek turned 70 years old a couple weeks ago.

Other than that, we are doing well and just living life in our little town. That is all our news.

Hugs,
Your Ogress

Oh Ogress! Merry elated Christmas to you and Shrek! It is so very happy to own of a real home! This is such very nice news of you, my Ogress!

Ha! But you are never a mean Ogress.

Oh my dear, dear friends, I have missed you so very, very much!

Mamma seems to come of life here now. She is laughing and smiling so much more! Joyce and Justin are quite funny and there never seems of anything we can not talk about!

I spoke with Carl and Laki, and all is well of home. Anna seemed to have found of a packet of the computer printer papers and she created of a paper snowstorm of our office room. Carl said we needed not of an electric paper shredder for we are raising our own! Ha!

I said he must teach her to wash of the dishes also! Ha!

Then of the vacuum, then of the clothes washing! I shall be doing nothing of housework when she is five!

We must have to invest of many stepstools, yes?

The parts of Joyce's car are coming soon. I shall be so very thankful! The new garage door comes next Monday, and I am so very happy! It is of a much nicer door! This does not have a chain of it. It is of a shaft door, which is very much nicer and very quiet. Joyce does not care of these things, but I do. They have very nicely accepted of my payment and of the things to be replaced.

I feel so much of better to be able to fix of these things! I became angry of my classmates when one had of an accident. He had hit of a car in the rear, and said it was not of his fault. It was of his fault, yes! When one drives up into of the tail pipes of the car before one, this is quite careless.

He had of a sticker sign of his car which said, "I'm not mean. You're just slow." This is of so very much of the arrogance held of my classmates. Mamma and Papa always told of me this: "The day of which you become arrogant shall be the day you shall learn harshly of humility."

I believe of humilty, of accepting of mistakes, of making of amends, of claiming of responsibility, all of this makes one of a good person. We are raising Anna of this. Yet she is too young to understand of this, these are of the values of what helps one sleep at night.

One must always do of the right things, yes? If we do not, our sleep must be of troubled terribly, yes?

Love,
~Cat

Cat, your Mama and Papa have taught you some great moral lessons. And if you and Carl pass these on to Little Anna, she is going to grow up to be a fantastic person. She is so fortunate in having the two of you choosing her to be your child. Just like you were so special in being chosen to be Mama and Papa's child. A family of special chosen people.

I remember when you first decided to tell us that you were adopted. You felt a sense of shame. I was horrified. Shame at being adopted? No child should feel shame for being loved. In this country we celebrate adoption. Everyone celebrates. The whole family, neighbors, even the judge who signs the final papers. Each child that is adopted has two birthdays. The day they were born and the day they were chosen and adopted. Oh how fortunate you and Little Anna are. We have a member here that has an adopted girl. The girl is now 17 and her parents celebrate both days. Just let Little Anna know that both of you were Chosen! Not every child is chosen. You were both Chosen and Wanted because you were loved so much. :angel:

Cat, your Mama and Papa have taught you some great moral lessons. And if you and Carl pass these on to Little Anna, she is going to grow up to be a fantastic person. She is so fortunate in having the two of you choosing her to be your child. Just like you were so special in being chosen to be Mama and Papa's child. A family of special chosen people.

I remember when you first decided to tell us that you were adopted. You felt a sense of shame. I was horrified. Shame at being adopted? No child should feel shame for being loved. In this country we celebrate adoption. Everyone celebrates. The whole family, neighbors, even the judge who signs the final papers. Each child that is adopted has two birthdays. The day they were born and the day they were chosen and adopted. Oh how fortunate you and Little Anna are. We have a member here that has an adopted girl. The girl is now 17 and her parents celebrate both days. Just let Little Anna know that both of you were Chosen! Not every child is chosen. You were both Chosen and Wanted because you were loved so much. :angel:

I did feel of shamed then but all of you helped me. I have learned of the understanding when we signed the papers of Anna.

Carl and I did want of her, Addie. We visited of many places and found so very many of normal children but we could only have one. We stopped the visits when we found Anna.

I told Carl, "This is she," just as he looked of me of that pleading face when he asked to marry me. He asked, "Can we have her?"

We didn't consult Mamma or Papa at first. This was of us, of our lives, of our future and of our dreams. But when we did tell them of her and took them to see her, Mamma and Papa had many tears! Papa helped us do this faster for of his lawyer.

Now I do know so much of being chosen. When we were of to bring her home, we could not drive for of all the emotions. Uncle Nicu brought us home and gave of her a bottle of formula first, in our home. He brought me home also when I was chosen, for Mamma was to much of the emotions also.

Oh how I do miss him! This hurts to lose of such a good man when there are of so many good things of life he could share.

We shall teach these moral things of Anna, Addie, we promise. But it is too early of right now. Carl said we must make sure we have of a shotgun and a woodshed for of her boyfriends! Ha!

Love,
~Cat

I did feel of shamed then but all of you helped me. I have learned of the understanding when we signed the papers of Anna.

Carl and I did want of her, Addie. We visited of many places and found so very many of normal children but we could only have one. We stopped the visits when we found Anna.

I told Carl, "This is she," just as he looked of me of that pleading face when he asked to marry me. He asked, "Can we have her?"

We didn't consult Mamma or Papa at first. This was of us, of our lives, of our future and of our dreams. But when we did tell them of her and took them to see her, Mamma and Papa had many tears! Papa helped us do this faster for of his lawyer.

Now I do know so much of being chosen. When we were of to bring her home, we could not drive for of all the emotions. Uncle Nicu brought us home and gave of her a bottle of formula first, in our home. He brought me home also when I was chosen, for Mamma was to much of the emotions also.

Oh how I do miss him! This hurts to lose of such a good man when there are of so many good things of life he could share.

We shall teach these moral things of Anna, Addie, we promise. But it is too early of right now. Carl said we must make sure we have of a shotgun and a woodshed for of her boyfriends! Ha!

Love,
~Cat

Cat, every father of a daughter that I have ever known, has wanted to have a shotgun in the ready. Even my grandsons got a shotgun when they had their daughters. I went to court when my grandchildren were adopted after their mother died. I felt such joy knowing they were going to people who loved them and really wanted them. Adoption is such a wonderful thing! :angel:

Cat, every father of a daughter that I have ever known, has wanted to have a shotgun in the ready. Even my grandsons got a shotgun when they had their daughters. I went to court when my grandchildren were adopted after their mother died. I felt such joy knowing they were going to people who loved them and really wanted them. Adoption is such a wonderful thing! :angel:

Oh that is so very nice!

A shotgun is useful, yes? Ha!

No one wanted of Anna. She isn't perfect for of her missing leg. In English, she was described of retarded, mentally dificient, slow, and of physically incapable of leading of a normal life.

This is very wrong. She is so smart and she developes of a normal girl.

Mamma and Papa go of crazy over our Anna. I think of my best moment was said to Carl, "I do," at our wedding, and he put of my wedding band upon of my finger.

But perhaps not. When I found Anna and placed him of holding her, he nearly went of his knees and said, "Our baby, Cat."

We shall raise her of good things; of respect, of humility, of responsibility and also of family duties and those responsibilites which come of these.

I didn't want to leave America! I had worked of very hard to be an American. I must say I was selfish and spoiled as of my Lair and living with Aunty.

Perhaps marriage and responsibilities changes one, yes?

Love,
~Cat

Oh that is so very nice!

A shotgun is useful, yes? Ha!

No one wanted of Anna. She isn't perfect for of her missing leg. In English, she was described of retarded, mentally dificient, slow, and of physically incapable of leading of a normal life.

This is very wrong. She is so smart and she developes of a normal girl.

Mamma and Papa go of crazy over our Anna. I think of my best moment was said to Carl, "I do," at our wedding, and he put of my wedding band upon of my finger.

But perhaps not. When I found Anna and placed him of holding her, he nearly went of his knees and said, "Our baby, Cat."

We shall raise her of good things; of respect, of humility, of responsibility and also of family duties and those responsibilites which come of these.

I didn't want to leave America! I had worked of very hard to be an American. I must say I was selfish and spoiled as of my Lair and living with Aunty.

Perhaps marriage and responsibilities changes one, yes?

Love,
~Cat

Oh yes Cat, marriage certainly does change one. You grow up to become an adult. And that is how it should be. Being married means there are now two of you to share the joys of life. You have already experienced that when Carl took Little Anna in his arms. And there are two of you to share the heartaches. Like when Uncle Nicu left you. Being married means sharing. And it can be more laughs and joys than sadness when you are sharing. Being married is a wonderful thing. That ring on your finger says so much. It tells you every day that you have someone who loves you very much. It tells you I must find Carl and tell him the happy news, whatever it may be. You parents are an excellent example of what marriage is all about. You wouldn't go wrong to take a few pages from their marriage. :angel:

Oh yes Cat, marriage certainly does change one. You grow up to become an adult. And that is how it should be. Being married means there are now two of you to share the joys of life. You have already experienced that when Carl took Little Anna in his arms. And there are two of you to share the heartaches. Like when Uncle Nicu left you. Being married means sharing. And it can be more laughs and joys than sadness when you are sharing. Being married is a wonderful thing. That ring on your finger says so much. It tells you every day that you have someone who loves you very much. It tells you I must find Carl and tell him the happy news, whatever it may be. You parents are an excellent example of what marriage is all about. You wouldn't go wrong to take a few pages from their marriage. :angel:

Mamma said that now we know how she, Papa, and Uncle Nicu felt of when they held me first.

Oh now I do know how adoption is of so very special! I was so blessed of this, but then we are of choosing a child.

The doctors are so very happy of her progress and she has been tested of mental things but she is very normal and perhaps a little better than of her age.

In Romania, if one is born of disabilities it is always supposed the child is of mental retardation also until they do of testing. This is of backwards and it is of a stigma which is not always true, yes?

And yes, Addie, marriage has changed me. I hope for the best, yes? But I know I do not know of everything. When Carl and I encounter of a difficulty, we go to Mamma Gloria, Mamma, and Papa. Our marriage must work. There will never be of divorce of us. Uncle Nicu had a terrible divorce. We shall not have of that.

Carl and I have only had of one major disagreement here. We gave up, hugged one another, and went to our three parents of this. They all know of so much more than of us. We are learning of things but we are also learning of being of parents and business owners. We both know as we are young of their eyes, family is so very important.

We listen and heed of important advice. It has done nothing but to help us!

I remember of being appalled at my classmates' actions and treatments of their parents. They were very demanding of money and other things. One girl ordered her parents to buy her of the birth control pills, and she was going to do of what she wanted of her body.

Being wanton of your body only results of unwanted children, fatherless households, and of single parents with no support of the children. One classmate had become of pregnant and her parents did not pay of an abortion. She said she didn't want a child but had no money to pay of an abortion and said she's "stuck" of a child she did not want.

This is very strange to me. If you do not want of children, do not do anything that could lead of having children. Carl and I spoke of this today. It is very simple of common sense.

Marriage is so of special and of sacred. One's body is of also, I think.

Oh my! It is so late! I must go to bed, for we have much to see and do tomorrow!

Good night!

Love,
~Cat

Cat, you and Carl are going to do just fine with your marriage. Little Anna has TWO parents who love her very much and all of you are surrounded by love.

Good night. And I am sending a kiss to our Little Anna. You can't help but love her. :angel:

Cat, you and Carl are going to do just fine with your marriage. Little Anna has TWO parents who love her very much and all of you are surrounded by love.

Good night. And I am sending a kiss to our Little Anna. You can't help but love her. :angel:

She is so very special! Thank you very much, Addie!

I spoke to Carl today, and we talked of how it is so frightening to be parents. Joyce said something very funny! She said, "Oh, you get over it. After teaching her to walk and talk, for the next 15 years, you'll be yelling at her to sit down and hush up!"

Mamma agreed! Ha! I do remember Mamma and Papa telling me to sit down and hush up! Perhaps it was for only 10 years, yes?

Love,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom