"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 11-20-2007, 09:10 PM   #11
Traveling Welcome Wagon
Such a sad thing to happen. I'm glad at least some were saved. And maybe the publicity (although not the kind we want to see) will encourage a few people to adopt one of the animals.

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:34 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Oh, Connie. I saw the news report and saw the sweet little black lab puppy. I just wanted to hug his sweet little body. The reports of the firefighters who where almost in tears was a tribute to all those sweet ones who were lost. Yes I used "sweet" too many times, but it sooooo applied in this case. Hope all the babies find homes and God bless those who were lost. The whole situation just breaks my heart.

"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:48 PM   #13
Sous Chef
Constance, this is really so sad. I couldn't finish reading your whole post. I'm a huge animal lover and it breaks my heart. We got two kitty's about a year ago after losing both of our kitties to illness last year (our current babies are in my avatar). The animal shelter we rescued them from broke my heart. A no-kill place with at least a hundred lonely hearts in this basement. How I wanted to volunteer there, but it rips my heart out! We love our kitties so much and they give so much love back to us. To think of the souls waiting to be loved just kills me.
PytnPlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:12 AM   #14
Executive Chef

This is truly very sad. At this time of year, any kind of news about having someone die is hard. Just so this happened quickly. I don't know how fast the fire department would have gotten there for animal facility. Would be different if I were in charge. To have it happen in your town is very upsetting. I only wonder if they will rebuild another one for them. Did they say how it started? Can't you just imagine the sounds that you would hear? Oh dear, I am getting really caught up in this. Just hope the ones that made it find happiness.
In the Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:05 AM   #15
Master Chef
I heard on the news last night that out of the 50 dogs they saved, all but three had been adopted. They think the fire started from a faulty heater.

Kitchen, this is a very small town, and our local firefighters have big hearts. I'm sure they got there as quickly as they could. The animal shelter is (was) only about 3 miles from the fire station, but if the heater blew up, I'm sure the fire went really fast through that pole barn.
As for the sounds...I heard them in my mind all night.

Katie, you did not overuse the word sweet. I wanted to get that sweet puppy the minute I saw it, but we have a dog and two cats, and that's all we can take care of.
We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:18 AM   #16
Master Chef
My heart breaks when this happens. I'm greatful for what the county could do and has done to this point. My prayers and condolences are with you Constance.
sattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:48 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
That breaks my heart. If I could I'd gladly take the lab puppy. Labs are great pets.
I know this because I have a yellow one right now.
middie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:19 PM   #18
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
I'm so sad to hear this Constance. I hope the animals find a home soon.

If you have much, give of your wealth. If you have little, give of your heart. - Arab proverb
Dina is offline   Reply With Quote