I heard on the news last night that out of the 50 dogs they saved, all but three had been adopted. They think the fire started from a faulty heater.
Kitchen, this is a very small town, and our local firefighters have big hearts. I'm sure they got there as quickly as they could. The animal shelter is (was) only about 3 miles from the fire station, but if the heater blew up, I'm sure the fire went really fast through that pole barn.
As for the sounds...I heard them in my mind all night.
Katie, you did not overuse the word sweet. I wanted to get that sweet puppy the minute I saw it, but we have a dog and two cats, and that's all we can take care of.
We get by with a little help from our friends