A song that cheers you up when you're down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahh to many to choose- but, Carole King's "You've got to get up every morning with a smile on your face and show the world all the love in your heart" is one of my favorite memory provoking songs. When it was time for my kids to wake up for school I would sing it at the top of my lungs in the hallway between their bedrooms.When I would here the groans and the MOMs coming from the bedrooms I knew my job was done!!! I have often heard them sing it to friends when they were in a bad mood. My (surviving) kids are 24 years old and 21 years old and they still sing that song to cheer someone up from time to time.Love and energy, Vicki

I have a knack for making up silly songs spur of the moment - usually first thing in the morning , contrary to popular belief - NOT after 3 glasses of wine - and those songs are the ones that go through mi cabeza loca and cheer me up... they usually have an oompa-oompa thing going on and are usually about one of my dogs or my best friend/roommate...

"you are my sunshine".

my mom sang it to us as kids; has sang it to all of my nieces and nephews, and now sings it to my son.

"you are my sunshine".

my mom sang it to us as kids; has sang it to all of my nieces and nephews, and now sings it to my son.

That's great BT! Cherish that! It's things like that, that make you smile when you think of your childhood. Good for your mom for making a lasting memory like that!!

I have a knack for making up silly songs spur of the moment - usually first thing in the morning , contrary to popular belief - NOT after 3 glasses of wine - and those songs are the ones that go through mi cabeza loca and cheer me up... they usually have an oompa-oompa thing going on and are usually about one of my dogs or my best friend/roommate...
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I think you need to capture one of these for YouTube! I would love to hear one.

BuckyTom; Every time I hear You Are My Sunshine, I almost cry... I'm not very sappy, but there's something so pure and genuine about that tune... and I remember teaching my sister's god-child (then two years old) to sing it... "You are my ton tine... you make me happy, when skies are bray..." Thanks for reminding me...

BuckyTom; Every time I hear You Are My Sunshine, I almost cry... I'm not very sappy, but there's something so pure and genuine about that tune... and I remember teaching my sister's god-child (then two years old) to sing it... "You are my ton tine... you make me happy, when skies are bray..." Thanks for reminding me...

LOL, That reminds me of the time I took my then 8 year old nephew to a Neil Diamond concert (I have gone to seven over the years) and we were standing up and singing along to "Forever in Blue Jeans" which, is a very cheery song for me even though I don't wear blue jeans.

Anyway, my nephew tugs at my clothes for my attention and when I lean down to hear him over the loud music, he says "I have a friend named Gregory". I figure he is getting bored and say "that's nice!". Well, then I hear him singing at the top of his lungs "I'd much rather be Gregory Blue Jeans"!!!! I must admit that's how I sing it every time I hear it!

LOL, That reminds me of the time I took my then 8 year old nephew to a Neil Diamond concert (I have gone to seven over the years) and we were standing up and singing along to "Forever in Blue Jeans" which, is a very cheery song for me even though I don't wear blue jeans.

Anyway, my nephew tugs at my clothes for my attention and when I lean down to hear him over the loud music, he says "I have a friend named Gregory". I figure he is getting bored and say "that's nice!". Well, then I hear him singing at the top of his lungs "I'd much rather be Gregory Blue Jeans"!!!! I must admit that's how I sing it every time I hear it!

Another Neil fan! Cool.
We went and saw him a few days after 9-11. He opened with COMING TO AMERICA. The whole back of the stage was covered with this HUGE flag... I think we were all feeling kind of guilty for being there having a good time when so many others were suffering and also scared to be in such a large crowd... BUT, when he walked on stage and started to sing...
The entire place rerutpted in cheers and tears. It was a mixture of relief and joy and PRIDE. It's a feeling that I'll never have again and one that I'll NEVER forget.

I have a brand new happy song!
All Summer Long, Kid Rock.
I could listen to it over and over..... like when I was 14 or so, Def Leppard had my happy song, Pour Some Sugar on Me..... I recorded it on a tape to play over and over about 20 times...
Until my brother got sick of it and ripped it apart. :(

I have a brand new happy song!
All Summer Long, Kid Rock.
I could listen to it over and over..... like when I was 14 or so, Def Leppard had my happy song, Pour Some Sugar on Me..... I recorded it on a tape to play over and over about 20 times...
Until my brother got sick of it and ripped it apart. :(

I will have to look up that Kid Rock song, don't think I have it.

My mix tape had Pour Some Sugar on Me, Unskinny Bop, Shes Got the Look, and Cherry Pie... over and over LOL.

Oh see I got all happy over the power ballads.....
I Saw Red, Fly to the Angels, Home sweet HOme by Crue...
You name a power ballad I LOVED it!! Still do!
LONG LIVE HAIR BANDS!

Power ballads were cool, but what is more upbeat than Unskinny Bop?? Great beat and makes absolutely no sense!! LOL.

Anyone remember "Rock me Amadeus"?? LOL.

Back
Top Bottom