A song you really like, can we add it here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bill, thanks for posting that. I really enjoy the music from that era even though I'm not old enough to have appreciated it the first time around.

Bill, thanks for posting that. I really enjoy the music from that era even though I'm not old enough to have appreciated it the first time around.
You're most welcome. They're all pretty much the music from my early youth. Used to listen to Martin Block's Make-Believe Ballroom on my folks' old Philco. Sadly appreciation for this type of music has gone the way of a lot of my old friends.
It's been 30 years since I last heard this kind of music at our Legion Hall.
YouTube - ‪"SING, SING, SING" BY BENNY GOODMAN‬‏

Last edited:
You're most welcome. They're all pretty much the music from my early youth. Used to listen to Martin Block's Make-Believe Ballroom on my folks' old Philco. Sadly appreciation for this type of music has gone the way of a lot of my old friends.
It's been 30 years since I last heard this kind of music at our Legion Hall.

I love this music! It's even losing it's hold in the Nursing Home.:ohmy:

I love old music. We had to buy a car this year, and it came with sirius/XM. I love going back and forth between 40s on 4, 50s on 5, etc. This morning I put on the 70s and just cracked up to hear Casey Kasems American top 40, dated 7/9/73. That was probably the year I graduated from high school. I had a hard time keeping my hands on the steering wheel, I wanted to dance!

I love old music. We had to buy a car this year, and it came with sirius/XM. I love going back and forth between 40s on 4, 50s on 5, etc. This morning I put on the 70s and just cracked up to hear Casey Kasems American top 40, dated 7/9/73. That was probably the year I graduated from high school. I had a hard time keeping my hands on the steering wheel, I wanted to dance!

I often find myself Disco Dancing at the wheel...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough choice on what to pick. I was a 70's Brat.
Always like the Steve Miller Band. The Joker has always been a favorite of mine. :angel:
YouTube - ‪The Steve Miller Band The Joker and lyrics‬‏

ELO : Had a Shepard (Shadow) that every time she heard this playing on my stereo would come in and insist that I dance with her. I think she like the beat. Go figure. ;) The lead singer looks like my husband way back when. He once had hair like that! :LOL:
YouTube - ‪ELO- Livin' Thing‬‏

Munky.

I must be losing my mind!:( I thought I had posted something else here but must have imagined it (scratches head). Any way, I was asking about Gordon Lightfoot. A co-worker introduced me to his then girlfriend, now wife, who is from Toronto. I had Gord's Gold playing and said something to her about him being a native son. She kinda hinted that he wasn't because he was from Newfoundland. So, I was wondering is Newfoundland not considered part of Canada?

Craig

Newfies are special. They have a dry, dry sense of humor. If you haven't watched the The Shipping News (or read the book), you really should to get a sense of what makes a Newfie special. And, if you want, I can send you a recipe for seal flipper pie. I have a cookbook from Newfoundland. Great place to visit in August/September. L'anse aux Meadows is really interesting if you are interested in Viking history. And you can get cloudberries and lingonberries in Newfoundland, but they don't call them that, cloudberries are bakeapples and lingonberries are partridge berries. Cloudberry vinegar is AMAZING. And I love lingonberries...

Last edited:
Newfies are nice. Very calm demeanor, but man that drool. And it gets all over their bib. Saints don't seem to have that problem, even though they are droolers, too, given the correct flews.

Back
Top Bottom